cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Redefine mirror to add or remove features?

ptc-726111
1-Newbie

Redefine mirror to add or remove features?

Hello,

Is it possible to redefine a mirror in Pro-E WF 4.0 to add additional features that were not previously included? When I try to redefine the mirror, it only provides an option to change the mirror reference (ex: selecting another DTM plane). I would think it would be possible to add or remove features to be mirrored as is done in SolidWorks.

Maybe I am overlooking something simple such as changing the config.pro settings.

Chris

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I found a workaround solution to this problem on the MCAD Pro-E forum (http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41105😞

I created all the features required. Then selected one surface, right click on that, from the options selected solid surfaces. This will select all the surfaces. Now from the edit menu select copy & then paste it. Now you can mirror this set of surfaces & solidify them.

This will solve two issues:
1. You do not have to set parameters for the copied features. ( As we have to do it when we copy individual features - Ex - References for drafts & other features.)

2. You can insert or delete features before the copied surfaces. And still you will get an updated solid on the mirrored side.

I think this is the exact solution I was looking for.

In Pro-E WF4.0, I also found if I created a mirror of several features including a hole pattern, and delete the hole pattern before the mirror feature, the hole pattern still remains in the mirror feature. However, I noticed that I can expand the mirror feature and delete the hole pattern without affecting the other features contained in the mirror, or recreating the mirror. Now if only I could drag features into the mirror to define it, but that does not seem to be possible.

Hello,

Is it possible to redefine a mirror in Pro-E WF 4.0 to add additional features that were not previously included? When I try to redefine the mirror, it only provides an option to change the mirror reference (ex: selecting another DTM plane). I would think it would be possible to add or remove features to be mirrored as is done in SolidWorks.

Maybe I am overlooking something simple such as changing the config.pro settings.

Chris

Top Tags