cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Saving an assembly as it currently is.

gnewman
1-Newbie

Saving an assembly as it currently is.

Hello,

I am getting frustrated with Creo not saving everything about my assemblies when I click save.

Is there a way to get it to save everything. So when i reopen it next time it comes in exactly as i had it previous.

So all parts hidden/suppressed as they were, display in same orientation, datums hidden or displayed as i had. I am sure there are more items.

Is there an option in my config or somewhere else to do all this?

I now know about clicking View -Visibility Status- Save Status to save whether things are hidden or not.

I don't know how to save whether I want the various datums displayed.

Alternative is to create a hotkey to do all the saves, but this seems a workaround that shouldn't be necessary.

Thanks   

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

use layers to set datum feature visibility.

MH

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:gnewman)

You can also right-click in the layer tree and there is a save status (along with reset status) in the RMB menu.

There is no config option to save layer status automatically.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

There are several things in play here.

First, things hidden using the hide / unhide function follow the same rules as layers.  When an object is opened, they are displayed or not based on the last saved state, not the last viewed state.  By going to the View tab and saving the status you are saving the layer display status (hidden items go on a special "Hidden Items" layer).  This is part and assy specific, changes in one object have no effect on another object.

Second, the datum display toggles at the top of the graphics window control visibility globally.  Turning planes off there turns them off for all objects in that session.  These can be set via config options so that they will either be on or off when Creo starts.  All these options begine with "display_" (display_planes, display_axes, display_points, etc).

Lastly, suppressed parts and features are saved when an object is saved, as is the orientation of the model but not the zoom level.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
dschenken
21-Topaz I

Check the status of this option:

save_hidden_items_w_status

The items on the "Hidden Items" temporary layer are stored permanently when layer display status is saved with Save Status command.

The description on that option is confusing:

The items on the "Hidden Items" temporary layer are stored permanently when the layer status display is saved with Save Status command.

The default is "yes",  setting it to "no" would imply that the hidden items are no longer stored permanently:

The items on the "Hidden Items" temporary layer not are stored permanently when the layer status display is saved with Save Status command.

Technically correct, but I suspect what it really means is that the save status command is not needed to save the status of manually hidden items, once hidden and the part/assy is saved, they stay hidden.  Correct?

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Your guess as to what PTC supplied documentation means is as good as any.

I thought it meant that the items would not remain on the Hidden layer since the status wasn't saved. Like it used to be. When Hide worked right.

Before they broke the Hide command, anything a person wanted to stay hidden could be put on a layer, blanked, and its status saved; Hidden items were entirely impermanent and couldn't ruin things for other users. Thanks, PTC software developers, for fixing that.

Top Tags