cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Trying to save Drawing configuration setting to config.pro

Garrett317
8-Gravel

Trying to save Drawing configuration setting to config.pro

I want to change the radial_pattern_axis_circle default from "no" to "yes" and save the change to the config.pro. However, when I try to open a new drawing, it still uses the original defaulted "no" setting.

Steps I've used:

1. While in a the drawing window, File -> Prepare -> Drawing Properties -> Detail Options -> change

2. Locate radial_pattern_axis_circle and change value from "no" to "yes"

3. Click the Save icon

4. File ->Options -> Configuration Editor -> find drawing_setup_file -> paste the saved drawing path to the Value text box

5. Export config.pro to directory so that these changes will take effect in future models/drawings without having to make this change manually every time I open a drawing.

Also when I open a new drawing and check to see if the saved drawing path is being used by the Config Editor, it is using the correct path, but still defaulting to the original settings and not using my changes.

Any thoughts/answers top why this is happening? Am I not using drawing_setup_file correctly?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

You didn't say how you "open an new drawing".  It sounds like you are using a template that is overwriting the settings in the .dtl file specified by your config.pro drawing_setup_file option.

Anyway, it's better to set up a template instead of using that config.pro option

See (for example) EAC Tip-of-the-Week: Creating and customizing drawing templates in Creo Parametric

Drawing setup options work a little differently.

Changes to your drawing setup file, as specified by the config option "drawing_setup_file", are only automatically applied to new drawings created from an empty drawing or a drawing format.

Existing drawings store the contents of the drawing setup file at the time of drawing creation.  They can only be changed manually or my manually applying a new drawing set up file.

Drawing templates are nothing more than a specialized drawing file.  They store the contents of the drawing setup file when the template is created. 

So, if you make a change to your setup file, you must apply it to any drawing templates and save those templates for them to be applied to new drawings created from that template.  Same goes for existing drawings themselves.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags