cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

WINDOWS 7 64 bits & Ilink3.4

yingvms
1-Newbie

WINDOWS 7 64 bits & Ilink3.4

I know that Ilink3.4 (Currently at M020) is not supported on Windows 7. However, we are very desperate for an upgraded laptop and can't wait for our migration to pdmlink9.X
I have a Windows 7 machine which I have loaded the Ilink3.4 and WF3 and so far I am not seeing any issues yet. I only had 2 days (borrowed machine) to run some of the features so I'm not comfortable just go with it.

PC : HP 8760W Mobile Workstation
CPU : Intel i7-2640m 2.8Ghz 4MB Dual-Core CPU
RAM : HP 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333
DISPLAY : 1920 x 1080 (17.3 inch)
GRAPHICS CARD : NVIDIA Quadro 3000 2GB GDD5
HARD DRIVE : HP 750GB SATA 7200
DVD : HP 16X DVD+-RW SuperMulti SATA

If you have any issues or known problems with the above configurations please let me know.

Thank you all in advance!

Calvin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Calvin,

My impression was that Ilink 3.4 and WF3 would not run in Win7 so I installed Ilink 3.4 and WF3 on a Win7 laptopunder the "XP Mode" virtual machine. The Ilink 3.4seems to work normally but the WF3 is almost cripplingly slow even on a simple .prt file. And since XP Mode only supports 32-bit apps, I had to install 32-bit WF3 inXP Mode and thus am unable to take advantage of 64-bit computing power and RAM above 3GB.

Did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit WF3on your 64-bitWin7?

Up until a few months ago, we were using Ilink 3.4 with Wildfire 3 on Windows 7 (both 32 & 64 bit).
All worked as well as under Windows XP. However, there was one oddity.
The time stamp displayedin the Intralink 3.4 client (for object modified date/time) was always showing the internal (stored) time, which is GMT.
Being that we are in the easter tiem zone, the display was always 5 hours off.
So, the internal was correct, but was not displayed for the current time zone.

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to Calvin Ying:

I know that Ilink3.4 (Currently at M020) is not supported on Windows 7. However, we are very desperate for an upgraded laptop and can't wait for our migration to pdmlink9.X
I have a Windows 7 machine which I have loaded the Ilink3.4 and WF3 and so far I am not seeing any issues yet. I only had 2 days (borrowed machine) to run some of the features so I'm not comfortable just go with it.

PC : HP 8760W Mobile Workstation
CPU : Intel i7-2640m 2.8Ghz 4MB Dual-Core CPU
RAM : HP 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1333
DISPLAY : 1920 x 1080 (17.3 inch)
GRAPHICS CARD : NVIDIA Quadro 3000 2GB GDD5
HARD DRIVE : HP 750GB SATA 7200
DVD : HP 16X DVD+-RW SuperMulti SATA

If you have any issues or known problems with the above configurations please let me know.

Thank you all in advance!

Calvin

Top Tags