cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Why the "Structure" option doesn't appear to my application menu?

em��tt�
1-Newbie

Why the "Structure" option doesn't appear to my application menu?

When I start my Creo installation sometimes happend that there are not the "Structure" menu item in the menu bar.

Currently it doesn't appear there although I have tried to start my program plenty of time?

At the same time I have currently lisence problem. Program allways ask proxy configuration.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
17 REPLIES 17

Hi,

it's funny, but suddenly this "structure" menu appeared when I tried again this program?

Does anyone know what is the cause of this kind of operation?

Just a guess, but the F12 function key will toggle this menu on and off.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hello Esa

just to get a clear information, see the image.

What do you mean?

Option A: my answer is "no idea"

Option B: the answer of Tom Kirkman is right

If this picture seems not to like to your application interface then you are in the wrong forum .

Structure.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi, thanks but thus F12 not work for this.

I mean the option A, when I start my Creo program, the Structure tab is missing!

Sometimes it appears but now I can't get it at all.

I have two questions for you.

1. What version of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling are you using?

2. Do you have any personal or corporate customizations for modeling?

Regards

Tom

Hi,

I use that free version 6.0.

There are a few things to try.

First, Creo Elements/Direct Modeling stores user settings in c:\users\%username%\AppData\Roming\Ptc\Creo...version.

Go to this directory and look for files named "sd_ribbon.lsp" and "all_ribbon.lsp".  You may only have one of these two.

copy these files to a back up location and delete them.  Try starting Creo again and see if you get the structure tab back.

Regards

Tom

Hi,

thanks, but I don't find any *ribbon.lsp files on my computer.

Regards

Esa

In addition I always get the Connection failed message when starting the Creo.

Proxy Configuration window appears again although I have submitted new activation key?

Now I have just same problem on another PC in Win10 operating system?

This issue I mentioned earlier is in win7 environment.

Does this issue related to my PTC user account?

Regards

Esa

Did you find the AppData directory? This is a hidden directory and you must change you folder options to display hidden directories.  You will not find the files in hidden directories by a search because these directories are not indexed.

Is the windows 10 a new install?

I do not believe this issue is related to not finding the license.  Since not finding a license would not let the program start to begin with.

Regards

Tom

Yes, I found AppData directory, but not the *ribbon files.

Win10 is a new install.

But what has been changed or what is the problem on my PTC account as I get those

Connection failed messages and I always need to set initial settings again

when startin the Creo.

Regards

Esa

At this point, I am at a loss of what is happening to your installation.  I have the free version at home, I will try to find time on the weekend to look at it and see if I can duplicate the issues you are seeing.

Regards

Tom

Ok, thanks.

I have already reloaded and reinstalled the Creo, but wihout any success?

Regards

Esa

Hi Esa,

there are two issues at the same time.

First, there is a server by PTC that don´t works correctly

Have a look at this:

Solved: Creo Elements Direct Express License Server does'n... - PTC Community

Second, if you work with Win 10 it is possible that some functions don´t work correctly

Express 6 is testet for Win 7 (or probably with Win 😎 only.

With Win10 you are now a beta-tester to find the problems .

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Hi,

thanks your info.

That server issue tells the one of my problem.

I have used the Creo with win7 but I now tried it on another PC with win10

as I noticed my connection problems.

So I need to wait if the server issue has been solved after Xmas.

Thank you all about your help and Marry Christmas!

Regards,

Esa

Hi,

Actually there had missed three tabs on my PTC UI, Structure, Feature and 3D Geometry.

This problem is related to server problem or license code registeration?

First time as I started the PTC after server issue correction those tabs missed, but later on when I starting the PTC

those all tabs are there again.

Both of the problem are away, but this tab issue is interesting. How it is related on the server/license issue and have anyone other had this kind of issue?

Thanks for all who have affected to get the issue solved!

Regards,

Esa

Top Tags