cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill help

TerryJohnson
1-Newbie

Windchill help

How do I create a custom checkout? and make that MY default?

I'm tired of mine defaulting to latest/All, when I want the as
stored/Required

I thought I had figured it out, but it doesn't work

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

That would be in the preferences.

In 10.1 it's listed under Workspace > Add to Workspace and Check Out

[cid:image001.png@01D0160B.D7C46C90]

Terry, Preferences can be managed at three levels within Windchill. The Site admin can set these at the top level driving the settings to every context. An organization admin can set preferences at a context level...ie a user checking out from a jet engine product context would get different settings than checking out from the fastener library context. As a third option, the user can set preferences under the quick links drop down if the applicable setting is not locked by the site admin or organization admin. I believe the site admin can "push" out settings to users to override their personal preferences too...but don't quote me on that one.

It also depends on which area of Windchill you are using to check out the objects. There are more than 6 areas within the UI where you can check out or add to workspace. I'll list 6 of them here - Embedded browser connected to Creo - workspace table, Search results table or Information table on the object. Then you can get the same three options in a non-embedded browser - workspace, search and information page. If you are performing the checkout from different UI's, then be aware that the settings may not stick when switching workspaces in the dropdown menu if you have multiple workspaces in different contexts. (A case was entered for this a couple months ago).

Top Tags