cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

file_open config not working

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

file_open config not working

everytime i launch pro/e n hit file open it defaults to the "C:\Documents and Settings\cdiaz\My Documents\" directory but i would like it to default to my "C:\temp\proework\" directory. i tried setting this up in my config using the "file_open_default_folder" config setting but it still defaults to the "C:\Documents and Settings\cdiaz\My Documents\" directory. im running pro/e 4.0 with teamcenter. i looked in the config.sup for the current default address but i cant find it to change it. how do i permanently change my file open directory? any suggestions?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

RMB on the Shortcut Icon on your Desktop which starts Pro/E, then Properties, then fill in your desired directory in the "Start in:" box.

the directory that was in the start in box was not the same directory it's defaulting to, but i tried it anyway and it doesn't make a difference... any other suggestions???
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:cdiaz-2)

Do you have the config option set to working directory?
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Kevin)

"Carlos Diaz" wrote:

everytime i launch pro/e n hit file open it defaults to the "C:\Documents and Settings\cdiaz\My Documents\" directory but i would like it to default to my "C:\temp\proework\" directory. i tried setting this up in my config using the "file_open_default_folder" config setting but it still defaults to the "C:\Documents and Settings\cdiaz\My Documents\" directory. im running pro/e 4.0 with teamcenter. i looked in the config.sup for the current default address but i cant find it to change it. how do i permanently change my file open directory? any suggestions?

Martin Hanák

"Kevin Demarco" wrote:

Do you have the config option set to working directory?

cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

"1.] Your config.pro file must contain the following option (check also PROE\text\config.sup): file_open_default_folder working_directory 2.] Your ProE shortcut must contain C:\temp\proework directory in Start In field. 3.] When you start ProE, you have to check (Tools>Options), whether your config.pro has been loaded. 4.] Also, try to run ProE without teamcenter. Martin" Martin, i dont have the config value "working_directory " for my config "file_open_default_folder" its just blank, theres no value in there.
Kevin
10-Marble

Does it give you a drop down list? There should be at least six options. If not what datecode are using? I'm using M110.
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

i dont any of that, it's all just blank im on WF4.0 date code M120
Kevin
10-Marble

I'm not sure what would cause the drop down to be blank. I tried M120 and got the same options as before.
cdiaz-2
11-Garnet

my pro/e integration was just reinstalled due to some other error but apparently that fixed my blank value issue, i set it to working directory and set my start in folder correctly and now its up n running like it should thanks a million guys
Top Tags