cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ghost object in drawing

StephenW
23-Emerald II

ghost object in drawing

I have an assy drawing that when I saved in to PDMLink it shows a ghost object part. The ghost part is tied to the drawing only, not the assy. The ghost part is not a drawing model, ie not in the list of models used by the drawing.

The ghost part was the original name of one of the parts that was renamed or duplicated at one point. In the past I have had success with using the hidden config.pro options "cleanup_drawing_dependencies" and "cleanup_layout_dependencies", but with this drawing, it is not working. I never get the message for removing the dependency.

Any helpful hints on eliminating this ghost object would be appreciated. In the past, I have been a pretty good ghost buster, but this one has me stumped.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
sbugros
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

When you check in choose this option:

[cid:image001.png@01CCCED3.AF18EF50]

Also I am not sure those "cleanup" options are valid anymore in PDMLink.

Steve
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Thanks Janet, that was a quick solution. Took me about a minute to do and it solved the problem completely!!!

Other suggestions included using the auto-resolve during check-in (had tried, didn't work this time), creating a part with the ghost name and then deleting the model from the drawing (had tried, didn't work time), and doing using the cleanup_drawing_dependencies option to remove the reference (had tried, didn't work this time).

I've used each of the other suggestions before and generally they work but this time, nothing was working.

I've got a new tool in the toolbox now.

Thanks for all the extremely quick suggestions.

Steve
Top Tags