cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

launch Pro/E session from Windchill on internet browser

Lohbauer
1-Newbie

launch Pro/E session from Windchill on internet browser

Happy Monday all,

Not sure how much of this is Windchill and how much Pro/E configuration.

But the situation is this: some users when in IE windchill cangoto the Action Menuof a Pro/E file and select 'Open in Pro/Engineer' and it will comply. Others will do the same thing and ProductView will launch. Where oh where have I gone wrong? Got a feeling this will bea forehead slapper.

Thanks for your attention,

Bob Lohbauer

Jacobs Vehicle Systems

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Bob,

The browser calls the application registered as the default for the specific file type on your computer. If your users are selecting the same icon on the same Windchill page but getting different applications on different computers, then the variation you are seeing is caused by your users' registry settings. Probably the easiest solution is to run ptcsetup.bat (Pro/E) or reconfigure.exe (Creo Parametric) and let it update the registry entries on the computers that are defaulting to Creo View.

Kind Regards,

Matt Meadows

Solutions Architect
VIRSO Inc
O: 618 937 8115
C: 314 749 8377
E: mmeadows@virsoinc.com

There is an easier way than running reconfigure.

Whenever Creo is installed it creates a reg file that can be applied to any computer. All you have to do is go find those files from a computer that works as you want and apply them to the problem computer.

created.reg <-- Load Point\Parametric\bin\pim\xml ... I renamed to parametric-created.reg

created.reg <-- Load Point\ Simulate\bin\pim\xml ... I renamed to simulate-created.reg

Run a command like this on the problem computer

regedit /s "P:\Creo 2.0-m020\Training_Setup\parametric-created.reg"
regedit /s "P:\Creo 2.0-m020\Training_Setup\simulate-created.reg"

David Haigh

Thanks David,

I neglected to specify that we are running WF4 m200. Does this method apply backward?

Bob

Bob,

Sorry, the registry file is new to Creo 2.0.

Kind Regards,

*Matt Meadows*
Solutions Architect
VIRSO Inc

My apologies. This thread had been most thoroughly answered and I never circled back to thanks those who replied. My error was in 9.1 the file type associations were pointing to ProductView (CreoView) not Pro/E. The regedits did the trick.

Matt Meadows and David Haigh both helped with answers that yielded benefits beyound the initial question.

Thanks,

WindchillAdministrator

Top Tags