cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

learning connector and 64 bit ProE

kdavies
2-Guest

learning connector and 64 bit ProE

I am running Wildfire 5 on 64 bit Windows XP and have the new learning connector installed. The learning connector opens up the 64 bit Internet Explorer and because there is no 64 bit adobe flash viewer, I cannot access any audio or video help files . Does anyone know of a way to force the learning connector to open the 32 bit Internet Explorer? It makes no difference that I point to the 32 bit Internet Explorer when running 'ptcsetup' where I can choose the browser location.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:kdavies)

Ah, this is a great question. I have recently encountered the same issue and could not find a resolution. I will let you know what I find out.

After much time spent including a tech support call. This is the situation as I understand it. ProE installs it's own browser as part of the ProE install. The browser location entered in 'ptcsetup' is not used for the embedded browser inside of ProE. It is used to set preferences or something? So with 32-bit ProE you get 32-bit embedded browser (no options allowed) and with 64-bit ProE you get 64-bit embedded browser (no options allowed).

With Wildfire 5 you do get an option to select a Mozilla browser, but as of yet I have not been able to correctly set enough preferences to get it to work properly. So I don't know if there is any chance this would be a solution as I think all Mozilla browsers are 32-bit. It turns out that PTC does not support the Mozzilla browser, though it is an option.

At the present time, I will need to wait until Adobe sees fit to release a 64-bit flash player before the embedded browser can be used to view video files or listen to audio files.

We are experiencing the same issue. Rather than wait for Adobe's x64 Flash, PTC could also code the Pro/E setup to allow either the x86 or x64 IE Browser to be selected during the configuration. That way you could start up Pro/E with a choice of browser versions.

Usually I use the embeded browser to access my Workspace only and I open a stand alone Internet Explorer to do everything else.

The embeded browser have some issues with Java long script, and Flash player as you experienced.

Ah, our friends at Adobe have stepped up to the plate and are offering a beta version of Flash Player for 64bit systems! Check out Adobe Flash Player "Square": http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/ Hopefully the release candidate is out soon!

Big thanks to Tom McNaney for telling me about this

Top Tags