cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Warren_M
6-Contributor

plot

Again, since the latest Creo 4.0 M090 upgrade, the system is not reading or recognizing the print.pcf file. I have the printer specific .pcf file that I have used for years for my HP CP2025 Color Laserjet. Now when printing the geometry lines and format/title block lines print heavy (obscuring small details) and all dimensions and text are in fine lines. I have checked the config.pro to make sure everything is pointing to the correct places. I even took the .pnt file and set all lines to 1 without any change. We also have a Toshiba E-Studio 167 with it's own .pcf file and . pnt file it has the same problem. Any ideas as to the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Warren_M 

Good to know that it's working fine now.. you can accept your last rely as the solution for post. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

my suggestion ... report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

@Warren_M 

Is there any change in config file? Did you try placing the pcf on local disk if it was on map network drive? 

The <printer> .pcf and the  .pnt files are located on a the local machine. I have called into PTC support to see if they can figure it out.

Thank you

Warren

I have found the issue. The line in the config.pro “Use_8_pens” was set to “no”. I changed it to “yes” and it works fine. I have been using PRO/E since release 6 and have never used that line (even when we had a true pen plotter). Now both of our printers and working fine. Would never have thought to set that as I never had to use it.

@Warren_M 

Good to know that it's working fine now.. you can accept your last rely as the solution for post. 

Top Tags