cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Advanced Grid : Row selection and Edit doesn't work simultaneously.

balajikishu
5-Regular Member

Advanced Grid : Row selection and Edit doesn't work simultaneously.

Hi @TanmeyTWX ,

I'm pretty new to thingworx, I came across this post while searching for the ptc-grid edit, previously by using the legacy grid widget it was pretty easy to use the grid, after upgrading to the new widget finding very much difficult to get the edit cell values(text, number, boolean or any type) I'm able to get only single row from the EditedData property of the ptc-grid.

If possible can you put your listings to know how you have achieved the edit options.

Thank You,

Balu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I came accross similar difficulty to have every single row, that I edited, to list to another Grid (just to check what was edited), but this is for the new Grid  widget (in 9.3) which is themable, 

• The issue I faced was that If I edited a cell in the main table, the row with the edited cell data was displayed in the other grid correctly (I bound the EditedData property to the other grid table data)

• However if I edited another cell data or row data, the "EditedData" in the other table was lost and only the new edits appears. (I wanted to have all of the data which was edited in my main table).

• After some testing, I can say the the solution is in the Main Table property, called "EditLevel". 
    • It has 3 values, "Entire Grid, Single Row, Single Cell".  In the begining I thought that the "Single Cell" is what I'm looking for, because I wanted to edit only a single cell. However this caused the confusion. 

• If you select either "Single Row" or "Single Cell" , only that specific row, or cell value will be the output of the "EditedData", and it will onl keep the on row or cell data  and not keeping previously edited cells/rows.

• You should use "Entire Grid" to have all the modifications, on all rows or cells. This way the edited data will keep all of them, and you can save the edited data at once

AK_10750276_2-1702032922790.png

AK_10750276_1-1702032694615.png

AK_10750276_3-1702033228067.png

Hope it helps a bit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Enable the following in grid properties,

• isEditable --> true
  • Change the EditLevel based on the you requirement (Entire Grid, Single Row, Single Cell)
  • Go to Grid configuration (settings icon) --> select required column to edit --> Make Editable to true
  • RowSelection --> Multiple

You able to see the check boxes in the grid and edit button also. For more.

Sathishkumar_C_0-1684471912526.png

Hi Balaji, 

You can try this way.

TanmeyTWX_0-1684488432002.png

I came accross similar difficulty to have every single row, that I edited, to list to another Grid (just to check what was edited), but this is for the new Grid  widget (in 9.3) which is themable, 

• The issue I faced was that If I edited a cell in the main table, the row with the edited cell data was displayed in the other grid correctly (I bound the EditedData property to the other grid table data)

• However if I edited another cell data or row data, the "EditedData" in the other table was lost and only the new edits appears. (I wanted to have all of the data which was edited in my main table).

• After some testing, I can say the the solution is in the Main Table property, called "EditLevel". 
    • It has 3 values, "Entire Grid, Single Row, Single Cell".  In the begining I thought that the "Single Cell" is what I'm looking for, because I wanted to edit only a single cell. However this caused the confusion. 

• If you select either "Single Row" or "Single Cell" , only that specific row, or cell value will be the output of the "EditedData", and it will onl keep the on row or cell data  and not keeping previously edited cells/rows.

• You should use "Entire Grid" to have all the modifications, on all rows or cells. This way the edited data will keep all of them, and you can save the edited data at once

AK_10750276_2-1702032922790.png

AK_10750276_1-1702032694615.png

AK_10750276_3-1702033228067.png

Hope it helps a bit.

Top Tags