cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Analytics 8.2.1 Communication Settings in Analytics Builder connection unsuccessful.

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member

Analytics 8.2.1 Communication Settings in Analytics Builder connection unsuccessful.

Hi,
I installed ThingWorx Analytics Server 8.2.1 (AnalyticsServer Thing was created) and trying to install Analytics Extension 8.2.1.
After importing and configure (run configuration service, add TW_ML_Session_Variable) the extension in Foundation I am unable to configure communication settings in Analytics Builder.
The Analytics Thing can be selected but the connection is unsuccessful (logged in as Administrator) . Thingworx Foundation and Analytics both are running (on same machine).

Windows 10 pro
Thingworx 8.2.1
Analytics Server 8.2.1
Analytics Extension 8.2.1

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I think I've seen similar problems before, please try to check with this article 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, Was your ML entity showing isconnected= true ? Did you find any logs from TWX or TWA side about it?

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member
(To:zyuan1)

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Entity is showing isconnected=true
and I get following Error in logs:

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@1afc3e31][message: Execution error in service script [GetDatasetsAMS] :: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect]

please see attachment

Thank you

isconnected.PNGlogs.PNG

Hi, I think I've seen similar problems before, please try to check with this article 

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member

Hi,
thank you I will try that and let you know.

But I tried to reinstall the Extension unfortunately I can not delete thingworx_Analytics_Builder_Extension.
This is a known issue for the version 8.1 and should be fixed in the version 8.2.1, but still cant delete it.

Extension Package deletion failed: Unable to Invoke Service DeleteExtensionPackage on PlatformSubsystem : Cannot delete ExtensionPackage [ThingWorx_Analytics_Builder_Extension] because the following Extension Entities are still in use: [entity: AnalyticsServerRuntime, used-by: TempAnalyticsServerRuntimeInstance AnalyticsServerRuntimeInstance ][entity: AnalyticsServerFilters, used-by: AnalyticsServerFiltersInstance ]

abiidesignss
5-Regular Member

Hi,
Thanks, your solution worked.

You're welcome

Top Tags