cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Analytics Tutorial from scratch

gkumar-21
5-Regular Member

Analytics Tutorial from scratch

Hi,

I am looking for on Analytics which I can start things from scratch on my Thingworkx installation.

The guides which are available  are based on the Trail Edition,  For example "Operationalize an Analytics Model" does not work on full fledged version of Thingworx because  - ThingPredictor is installed and configured to point to Analytics Manager automatically as part of the installation of the Analytics Trial Edition (ATE). 

The guide does not explain how to install and configure ThingPredictor

I would like to start doing a tutorial from scratch so that I get the full end to end concepts clear. Can anyone of you help me with this ?

Regards

Girish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jgreiner
12-Amethyst
(To:gkumar-21)

Hi Girish,

You can install ThingPredictor anywhere you like, as long as it can communicate with ThingWorx Composer.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

John 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
abarki
15-Moonstone

Hi Girish,

Did yo view this: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS262212

Best,

Asia

gkumar-21
5-Regular Member
(To:abarki)

THank Asia,

I had gone through the two videos 

In the first video

Creating Analysis Provider and start ThingPredictor Agent via Analytics Manage

1. There is yml file opened for inspection to check all the parameters are correct or not where is this getting created ? for me the thingworx and analytics server are not locally installed (they both are in EC2) I access thingworx from my laptop. This is perfect cloud kind of deployment I am trying out. So not sure in which machine this yml file will be created. 

2. You  had explain about down loading a jar file,  (Agent) where do you down load this. -Can you explain ?

I am relatively new  to Thingworx Analytics, that is why I am asking this question. I am looking for something really basic. Where I can get the concepts clear by setting up a demo of my own.

Regards

Girish

jgreiner
12-Amethyst

Hi Girish,

ThingPredictor is an offering from ThingWorx Analytics but is a standalone product from the Analytics Server so it requires its own download and installation.  You can download ThingPredictor from the PTC support site under the Product Family ThingWorx Analytics.  Make sure that the version of ThingPredictor you download matches the versions of ThingWorx Composer you are using.

The ThingPredictor Download will contain the yml and jar files that were used in the video demos.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

John

gkumar-21
5-Regular Member
(To:jgreiner)

Thank you very much John for your response

The question is where should I still thingworx Predictor ?

I have two machine

1. The windows laptop from where I access Thingworx front end (Foundation)

2. The Amazon EC2 server where by Thingworx Foundation server and  Analytics server is installed (This is a Ubuntu Linux box with 16GB of RAM and 4 CPU cores.

Should I install Thingworx predictor  on my windows laptop or on the Amazon EC2 machine. I could not  make out this from the Thingworx  Predictor User Guide.

jgreiner
12-Amethyst

Hi Girish,

You can install ThingPredictor anywhere you like, as long as it can communicate with ThingWorx Composer.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

John 

gkumar-21
5-Regular Member

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. That has answered my question. 

Regards

Girish

gkumar-21
5-Regular Member

Thank you very much John,

I had 

Top Tags