cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

ApplicationKey SetExpirationDate service does not accept a DATETIME value

golsen1
4-Participant

ApplicationKey SetExpirationDate service does not accept a DATETIME value

I can't get this service to accept the output from a DateTIME picker widget.  It always says that the parameter is the wrong type.  If it isn't looking for a DATETIME, what is it looking for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @golsen1 

I tried using the service to set the expiry date from Mashup. It works perfectly

ApplicationKeys["AppKeyName"].SetExpirationDate({
    expirationDate: dateTimeValue /* DATETIME */
});

Could you please tell me your Thingworx version or how you are trying to achieve it? 

/VR

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @golsen1 

I tried using the service to set the expiry date from Mashup. It works perfectly

ApplicationKeys["AppKeyName"].SetExpirationDate({
    expirationDate: dateTimeValue /* DATETIME */
});

Could you please tell me your Thingworx version or how you are trying to achieve it? 

/VR

golsen1
4-Participant
(To:Velkumar)

Yes!  It does work perfectly.  Thank you.  Now please go look at the documentation that you provide for Application Key services.  Would it have killed you guys to include the name of the parameter?  Is there some other reference that you provide that explicitly calls this out?

At any rate, thanks again.  Works great.

Hi @golsen1 

Could you please post the documentation link here.  

/VR

golsen1
4-Participant
(To:Velkumar)

https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Composer/Security/ApplicationKeys/ApplicationKeys.html

Gregory T Olsen

Service Solutions Engineer / Global Services

Baxter Healthcare Corporation

1 Baxter Parkway Deerfield, IL 60015 - United States of America

T +1.224.270.7056

gregory_t_olsen@baxter.com

Hi Gary,

The documentation link you shared only lists the name of those services. It should not be considered by any means a complete reference to what's available as a service, just a sort of helper in the sense it's searchable in the Help Center.

The way you would refer to understand parameter names etc for these services, is to use the Service Editor, and in the lower tab, set the reference to "Other entity", then search for an entity of the type you want to "research" let's say.

As soon as you select one, you'll get complete access in the lower part to all the Properties, Services etc of that entity (technically it's correct to say to all public ones, as there are private services, as an example, which are not visible in Composer and not intended to be used by Developers - again, theoretically).

As soon as you pick a service to add it in the Service editor, it will be populated automatically with all its parameters.

This way is the fastest way in which you can really understand what services you can use for any entity type.

VladimirRosu_0-1693941034841.png

Note there's also the option to use the API Documentation in the Help Center, where you can get access to the same type of information, but, since I am using anyway the Service editor a lot, what I shared above it's the fastest way to do this type of "discovery".

Hope it helps.

Top Tags