cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Approach for modelling a complex machine

frank247
6-Contributor

Approach for modelling a complex machine

Hello together,

I want to exchange some experience on how to model a complex machine in the best way.

The machines are produced in higher quantities, with different configurable features.

Principal Sketch 1) Real World Model Overview

principal_sketch1.png

On one hand I can model the whole machine as one ThingTemplate and incoporate all the features via Thing Shapes (for reusability with other machine types that share the common features).

Principal Sketch 2) One Big Thing

principal_sketch2 .png

On the other hand I can model the whole machine by using different Things for the parts and use Services to gater the information from all them.

Principal Sketch 3) many small things

principal_sketch3 .png

I am not sure what is the best way. Maybe someone can share his/her experience on modelling such a job.

Regards

Frank  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For what you say, I would chose the sub-things method (you can use Networks to relate the Things, as it's clearly a tree relationship)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

For what you say, I would chose the sub-things method (you can use Networks to relate the Things, as it's clearly a tree relationship)

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi @frank247.

If the response provided by @CarlesColl answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags