cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Bar chart widget, scaling down and editing css rules

natpaa
6-Contributor

Bar chart widget, scaling down and editing css rules

Hi all!

I'm working with a Tw customer solution, and I'm having a problem with scaling a bar chart correctly.

On the application, I have a simple mashup, which consists of a couple bar charts, each in it's own container:

natpaa_0-1611747051501.png

It works fine when I preview it, like the screenshot above.

But the problem is that it doesn't scale down too well. When I embed it on the larger mashup, where it has less space available (the screenshot is from 1920x1080 view. Sorry about the blurs), the bars simply disappear:

natpaa_2-1611747488446.png

I did some css-investigation with chrome developer tools, and found out that if i disable this rule:

natpaa_3-1611747857930.png

, the bars become visible again (though some further prettying needs to be done):

natpaa_4-1611747959786.png

So clearly there is enough space to show all my bars even when the mashup is embedded into a smaller space, but there is some style rule which blocks it from scaling correctly.

So to my question:

1) Where is this padding value of 32 pixels coming from, and can I change it somehow? I already tried configuring the bar chart properties, and it's style properties without luck.

2) With custom CSS, is it possible to edit elements inside #shadow-root element? I tried adding some rules to the mashup's custom css, but they don't seem to apply under shadow-root.

Thanks for any help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
c_lowy
16-Pearl
(To:natpaa)

Hi @natpaa,

It seems unexpected that you would see this issue when the Bar Chart is inside a smaller container, I was not able to see the same behavior on my side. Which version of ThingWorx are you using ?

When you select the chart's container, you could maybe try the following options :

To answer your second question, normally elements inside #shadow-root cannot be reached except if the element above has a "partmap" tag as such :

In which case any element within this icon, for example an element called "image", can be referenced as "icon-image".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
c_lowy
16-Pearl

Hi @natpaa,

It seems unexpected that you would see this issue when the Bar Chart is inside a smaller container, I was not able to see the same behavior on my side. Which version of ThingWorx are you using ?

When you select the chart's container, you could maybe try the following options :

To answer your second question, normally elements inside #shadow-root cannot be reached except if the element above has a "partmap" tag as such :

In which case any element within this icon, for example an element called "image", can be referenced as "icon-image".

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @natpaa.

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags