cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

C SDK Environmental setup Question

SS_10329829
4-Participant

C SDK Environmental setup Question

Hello,

I was walking through the C SDK Tutorial in the following website (https://developer.thingworx.com/en/resources/guides/thingworx-c-sdk-tutorial/c-environment-setup)  and in the step 2, the link for ThingWorx C Edge SDK is unable to open and got the error of "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below" .

May I know where can I access the link for ThingWorx C Edge SDK? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can find it here:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=TWS

ThingWorx Edge SDK --> C Edge SDK

Nick

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

You can find it here:

Nick

SS_10329829
4-Participant
(To:nmilleson)

When I clicked the link, I got the following. 

=====================================================================================================================

Choose Product Family

Step 2 : Choose Release & Download

Use the list below to select the release you desire to download. If you need assistance refer to the help notes.

For other available date-codes, please open a Support Case.

According to our records, there are no products entitled to software updates.

===========================================================================================================================

In step 2, it said use the list below to select the release you desire to download. But there is no list provided. 

Moreover when I clicked "Please start at the beginning of the application", I got this.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

To have this issue investigated, please contact the Maintenance Department.

Call 877-ASK-4PTC (877-275-4782) or 781-370-5408

Select the Maintenance option from the menu.

Please start at the beginning of the application.

PTC now provides information regarding open source software components via our customer download site. Please click here for open source information. Additionally, for certain software products, PTC may provide open source operating systems for the customer’s convenience and notices are provided separately with the operating system.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I do not find ThingWorx Edge SDK --> C Edge SDK. 

Is it required to provide Customer Number?

Can you show me with screenshot of where can I access the link for ThingWorx C Edge SDK?

May I know what is inside the ThingWorx C Edge SDK link in step 2's C SDK tutorial?

SS_10329829
4-Participant

@nmilleson wrote:

You can find it here:

Nick

Thank you for your reply Nick.

May I know is the link show the following:

=============================================

Choose Product Family

Use the list below to select the release you desire to download. If you need assistance refer to the help notes.

=================================================

In Step2: Choose Release & Download, it said "Use the list below" but it does not mention what lists are there.

Moreover, when I clicked "please start at the beginning of the application", it shows like that

PTC now provides information regarding open source software components via our customer download site. Please click here for open source information. Additionally, for certain software products, PTC may provide open source operating systems for the customer’s convenience and notices are provided separately with the operating system.

May I know does it require Customer Number?

Can you share the screenshot of where can I find ThingWorx Edge SDK --> C Edge SDK in the link?

May I know what information is included in the Environment setup Step2?

SS_10329829
4-Participant

Thank you for your reply Nick.

May I know is the link show the following:

=============================================

Customer Number   is invalid.

Choose Product Family

Use the list below to select the release you desire to download. If you need assistance refer to the help notes. 

For other available date-codes, please open a Support Case.

=================================================

In Step2: Choose Release & Download, it said "Use the list below" but it does not mention what lists are there.

Moreover, when I clicked "please start at the beginning of the application", it shows like that

Customer Number   is invalid.

PTC now provides information regarding open source software components via our customer download site. Please click here for open source information. Additionally, for certain software products, PTC may provide open source operating systems for the customer’s convenience and notices are provided separately with the operating system.

May I know does it require Customer Number?

Can you share the screenshot of where can I find ThingWorx Edge SDK --> C Edge SDK in the link?

May I know what information is included in the Environment setup Step2?

SS_10329829
4-Participant

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not find the ThingWorx Edge SDK --> C Edge SDK in the link that you share. If you don't mind can you share the screenshot of where can I find C Edge SDK mention in the C Environment setup?

When I clicked the link, I got the following. 

=====================================================================================================================

Choose Product Family

===========================================================================================================================

In step 2, it said use the list below to select the release you desire to download. But there is no list provided. 

Moreover when I clicked "Please start at the beginning of the application", I got this.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I do not find ThingWorx Edge SDK --> C Edge SDK. 

Is it required to provide Customer Number?

Can you show me with screenshot of where can I access the link for ThingWorx C Edge SDK?

May I know what is inside the ThingWorx C Edge SDK link in step 2's C SDK tutorial ? 

nmilleson_0-1659530670054.png

nmilleson_1-1659530700850.png

nmilleson_2-1659530745985.png

To reach that screen you'll need to be logged into the support.ptc.com site.  If you still can't reach it, that may warrant a chat with PTC support or whoever admins your PTC support account.

-Nick

SS_10329829
4-Participant

I cannot access the link. 

But I found sdk in this website https://developer.thingworx.com/sdks.

May I know is this C SDK the same as the lint that I cannot access in CSDK Tutorial's step2: environment setup of ThingWorx C Edge SDK?

SS_10329829_0-1659585675376.png

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:SS_10329829)

Hi @SS_10329829 

The version is included in the filename.  The versions are the same.

Regards.

--Sharon

SS_10329829
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Thank you Sharon.

Top Tags