cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cannot display image in a grid

Willie
16-Pearl

Cannot display image in a grid

For some reason, I cannot display images in a grid widget.

My service displays the images in the output window when I run it in the composer; however, when bound to a adv grid widget in a mashup, the image column does not display the images.

The data type I'm using is IMAGE.

I followed the steps in the instructions below, but the grid is not displaying the images.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS237433

This is my service output.  It displays the images.  This service is called within the other serviced that is called in the mashup.

Thingworx - 2020-01-21 - getAssetInfoBasedOnLocation - output.PNG

This is the composer view of the mashup.

Thingworx - 2020-01-21 - Grid not displaying image.PNG

This is the grid column format configuration window.

Thingworx - 2020-01-21 - Grid column format configuration.PNG

This is the grid column renderer & state formatting window.

Thingworx - 2020-01-21 - Grid column renderer configuration.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jvisser
9-Granite
(To:Willie)

Hi Willie,

Tested on TW v8.5.1

I was able to show an image from a repository in the advanced grid using the ImageLink field in my data shape. The key difference I noticed between the advanced grid and the regular grid is that the advanced grid uses a div with a background image property and the regular grid uses the image tag. Just unzip the example I have provided here and import the binary file into your composer. Add some images to the AdvancedGridImage repository and then open the AdvancedGridImage mashup to view the two grids. Everything you need to replicate the behaviour should be in the example.

Message me if you have any questions or trouble with the example,

Jordan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

could you please check if you are able to see the images on Grid (thingworx composer provided) instead of using adv grid.

here at my end , i am able to see the images on Grid when data is binded to grid from datatable where one of the field in datatable is IMAGE(datatype)

@rosharma 

It seems to work in a regular grid.  Not sure why it doesn't work for advanced grid.

jvisser
9-Granite

Hi Willie,

Tested on TW v8.5.1

I was able to show an image from a repository in the advanced grid using the ImageLink field in my data shape. The key difference I noticed between the advanced grid and the regular grid is that the advanced grid uses a div with a background image property and the regular grid uses the image tag. Just unzip the example I have provided here and import the binary file into your composer. Add some images to the AdvancedGridImage repository and then open the AdvancedGridImage mashup to view the two grids. Everything you need to replicate the behaviour should be in the example.

Message me if you have any questions or trouble with the example,

Jordan

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Willie.

If one of the previous replies answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags