cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Changing Google Maps API key in metadata.xml of GoogleWidgets extension

VikasTripathi
4-Participant

Changing Google Maps API key in metadata.xml of GoogleWidgets extension

Hi ,

lately I have not been able to see Maps in my Mashups and see errors as 

'Oops! Something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details' , On checking the console I could see 'You must enable Billing on the Google Cloud Project at' . 
To resolve this , I created a new API Key on google platform console and changed the API Key in metadata.xml file in GoogleWidgets extension folder. Restarted the server and cleared the cache of browser as well.
Still facing the same issue. And in the console still see the old API Key and not the new one.

How to fix this?

Thanks,
Vikas Tripathi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VikasTripathi.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running and which version of the Google Maps widget have you imported?  Depending on the version of ThingWorx you may want to consider upgrading to the latest Google Maps widget (3.0.3).  The configuration has changed for that version, so please check the documentation.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @VikasTripathi.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running and which version of the Google Maps widget have you imported?  Depending on the version of ThingWorx you may want to consider upgrading to the latest Google Maps widget (3.0.3).  The configuration has changed for that version, so please check the documentation.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley 

We are using ThingWorx 7.3.1 with GogleExtension Package 1.1.5.

If we upgrade the extension to Google Maps Widget 3.0.1 which is compatible with the TW 7.3.1 , will the existing functionalities of the mashups get affected. ?

Hi @VikasTripathi.

We recommend that you test it in a non-prod system.  ThingWorx 7.3.1 is no longer supported so we would not be able to test it here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @VikasTripathi.

Even though the response to your question may not have been what you were hoping for, if you feel your question has been answered satisfactorily, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags