cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Collection Widget Height is not Responsive.

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Collection Widget Height is not Responsive.

Hi there,

Collection Widget is placed in a Responsive Mashup, but Collection Widget Height is Static. It won't get responsive.

How can Collection Widget Height be responsive based on the number of Cells present in it?

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
Email: psp316r@outlook.com,
Mobile: +91 8099838001.
6 REPLIES 6
VVM_4
4-Participant
(To:pshashipreetham)

Hi @pshashipreetham ,

Is the view property of the collection widget set to "flow" or "table"? Are the cell mashups fixed or responsive?

Usually when a collection widget is placed in a responsive container, it will take the entire height and width of the container. Some screenshots of your mashup in the editor and at runtime would be useful to further understand the issue you are facing.

Please note, there is a cell height and width property property present, that you can adjust. The collection widget will not adjust this directly. So, given the real estate you have, you should programmatically adjust the cell height if you want everything to fit and no collection widget scrollbar to appear. (e.g. if the view is "table" and you have 500px of space and 10 rows in your collection data, then you need to programmatically adjust the cell height to 50px each.)

Hi @VVM_4 ,

I adjusted the Cell Height Programmatically. It's about the Collection Widget, which has the static Height property when placed in the Responsive container. At the same time, other responsive Widget's Height Property Vanishes as soon as we drop them in the Responsive container.

How can I avoid the static Height Property of the Collection Widget in Thingworx?

The Collection Widget is set to Table.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,
VVM_4
4-Participant
(To:pshashipreetham)

Hi Shashi,

This is pretty weird behavior. The collection widget is responsive and I have never seen this happen.

The only time this should happen, is if the Positioning property of the container layout is set to "Static". If this is happening even though the positioning is "Responsive", then I would suggest raising a support ticket on this.

Hi @pshashipreetham.

What version of ThingWorx are you using?  We're thinking this might be designed behavior, but it would help if you could provide some screenshots or a sample mashup.  Do you have other widgets in the same container?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley ,

Thingworx Version: 9.3.9,  yes I do have the Other widgets in the Mashup, I will give try to share the Dummy Mashup by EOD.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham,

Hi @pshashipreetham.

Were you able to resolve this issue yourself?  If so, please provide the solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags