cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Custom headers for swagger connector

dvddhln
6-Contributor

Custom headers for swagger connector

Hello,

I am trying to setup a swagger connector using a remote swagger file located on another server. However, after mapping some of the services I am still required to add some custom headers to the request to the remote service. How do you add your own custom headers to the outgoing requests?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dvddhln
6-Contributor
(To:dvddhln)

Well, I figured out this one on my own.

I added a swagger thing which uses the swagger connector. I then overrided the "GetCustomHeaderParameters" and returned a result similar to this

var result = { dataShape: { fieldDefinitions : {} }, rows: [] };

result.dataShape.fieldDefinitions["header"] = {

name: "authorization",

baseType: "STRING"

};

result.rows=[{"authorization":"Bearer randomTokenString"}];

Which is a response just with one row.

Notice that it should be lowercase "authorization". You can add your custom headers aswell to your liking like x-custom-header. This is then used by the underlying httpclient in thingworx integration run time.

Laterz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dvddhln
6-Contributor
(To:dvddhln)

Well, I figured out this one on my own.

I added a swagger thing which uses the swagger connector. I then overrided the "GetCustomHeaderParameters" and returned a result similar to this

var result = { dataShape: { fieldDefinitions : {} }, rows: [] };

result.dataShape.fieldDefinitions["header"] = {

name: "authorization",

baseType: "STRING"

};

result.rows=[{"authorization":"Bearer randomTokenString"}];

Which is a response just with one row.

Notice that it should be lowercase "authorization". You can add your custom headers aswell to your liking like x-custom-header. This is then used by the underlying httpclient in thingworx integration run time.

Laterz

Top Tags