cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Data wont bind to time series chart mashup

justinoberle
10-Marble

Data wont bind to time series chart mashup

I have data that has been placed into an infotable via a valuestream. I can get this infoTable and it has a thingworx timestamp and two other columns with number data. For some reason I can bind this to certain widgets but not the ones I want. For example, I cannot bind it to the time series chart. I made sure the timedate was "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS" but no luck. Any ideas? Here is an image of each.

bind2.PNGbind1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

Anything?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:justinoberle)

Hi @justinoberle.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  What happens when you try to bind the data to the Time Series chart?  Do you receive an error?  Are you prompted for the binding target? 

Regards.

--Sharon

This is the hosted trial version 9.0

When I try to bind it literally does nothing. I drag and drop it, and nothing happens. I can bind it to line charts and other widgets but not the time series one. 

Is it because I am trying to bind a datatype infoTable? If so, what data type do I need for this? I made the infoTable from a valueStream.

Hello @justinoberle ,

The Timeline Chart Widget doesn't have InfoTable Data point defined. You can see in the Properties section of the widget. Have you tried to use Custom Chart Widgets because it contains the Time Series Chart widget which has Data points as InfoTable and you can do the binding with your data.

Top Tags