cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Edge Analytics

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Edge Analytics

Hi Folks,

Is there any capability of Edge Analytics in Thingworx? 

Don't want to send data from Sensor to centralized data store but perform the Analytics on the Edge itself.

I would appreciate if anybody can provide any information on Edge Analytics within/around Thingworx.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX 

It might depends on the type of analytics you are talking about.

If this is about scoring against prediction created in ThingWorx Analytics, then there should be an edge scoring  capability added in release 9.0 ... subject to change though.

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @TanmeyTWX 

It might depends on the type of analytics you are talking about.

If this is about scoring against prediction created in ThingWorx Analytics, then there should be an edge scoring  capability added in release 9.0 ... subject to change though.

Kind regards

Christophe

nahuel
14-Alexandrite
(To:cmorfin)

Hi!

Is there any update on this matter? Any available documentation would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nahuel

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:nahuel)

Hi @nahuel 

The edge predictive service is available with release 9.0.

You can find mention of it in the Release Notes

However as indicated in the release note, this service is not available directly and you would need to contact PTC Professional Services who can assist with the implementation.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

nahuel
14-Alexandrite

Hi @cmorfin 

Thank you for your reply. That will help.

Regards,

Nahuel

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nahuel.

If you feel your question has now been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

nahuel
14-Alexandrite
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

I haven't initiated this thread so I cannot mark the response as the Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Nahuel

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @nahuel.

You are correct--apologies.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi TanmeyTWX.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

Your post was answered by @cmorfin on March 2.  What additional questions do you have?  You will need to provide more information regarding the type of analytics you are interested in.

Regards.

--Sharon

nahuel
14-Alexandrite

Hi @slangley,

I'm new into the Analytics and I'm currently researching on what ThingWorx on the Edge is capable of. Would you kindly point out related documentation?

An example could be training a model in ThingWorx Analytics and then deploying the trained model to the Edge so that I could reduce the amount of transmitted data.

Regards.

Nahuel

Hi @slangley 

I have already accepted and marked the solution. I can't see any other option to accept it again.

Thanks!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

For some reason, this post is not appearing correctly in our monitoring tools but when I view it on the Community, I see that the solution has been selected.

Thanks for following up.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags