cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error when UpdateSelection() is called in custom widget

twdev786
4-Participant

Error when UpdateSelection() is called in custom widget

I have a custom dropdown widget that I noticed when implemented doesn't update when some options are selected. I checked the console logs and the error that comes up is:

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'dataMgr' of undefined"

It occurs when updateSelection() is called in the code. I first thought this might be an issue with my data source feeding the widget but the dropdown selection works completely fine when the mashup is previewed in the Composer with no errors occuring.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello twdev786,

Have you tried outputting some additional log messages in your Widget code to try and confirm the value of is assigned dataMgr as you would expect it? Based on the error you are seeing it seems that the variable is defined but does not have a value assigned.

Regards,

Tyler

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello twdev786,

Have you tried outputting some additional log messages in your Widget code to try and confirm the value of is assigned dataMgr as you would expect it? Based on the error you are seeing it seems that the variable is defined but does not have a value assigned.

Regards,

Tyler

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:twdev786)

Hi @twdev786.

If the previous response allowed you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags