cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Expired License

dbseger
6-Contributor

Expired License

I have an install of Thingworx that I let the license expire on.  In my attempt to re-license I encountered some problems and nothing seemed to work.  I'm the point were I gone so far as to delete everything from the ThingworxPlatform directory and left only the platform-settings.json file.  Upon restarting, the keystore-password file is created but nothing else.  No licenseRequestFile.txt or ignore_license_capability_responce.bin files are created.  I've tried using the old licenseRequestFile.txt file and I downloaded a new license_capability_responce.bin file but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @dbseger.

As you know, the solution was to clear the contents of \ThingworxStorage and \ThingworxPlatform including the keystore-related files.  The downside is that the application keys that were previously in use, were rendered unusable so new ones had to be created for any connections.

If you agree with this summary of the solution, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
suverma
12-Amethyst
(To:dbseger)

Hi @dbseger 

Here are some links for license installation that can help you proceed further with installation:

Thingworx Licensing 

Acquire License in Thingworx 

You can also trying clearing your license cache if that helps, following these links:

How to clear corrupted license trusted storage in ThingWorx Platform 

Note: Please ensure you are giving correct deviceID while generating new license.

dbseger
6-Contributor
(To:suverma)

@suverma 

Thanks for the reply.  I've tried the procedures covered in the first two links you provided with no success.  The third one is not publicly accessible.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @dbseger.

We will need to create a case for addressing this issue.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf with your approval.

Regards.

--Sharon

dbseger
6-Contributor

Please do.  Thanks.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @dbseger.

The case has been opened and I will be reaching out to schedule a screen share.  Once we determine the cause of the issue, I will post an update here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @dbseger.

As you know, the solution was to clear the contents of \ThingworxStorage and \ThingworxPlatform including the keystore-related files.  The downside is that the application keys that were previously in use, were rendered unusable so new ones had to be created for any connections.

If you agree with this summary of the solution, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags