Using ThingWorx 6.6
I have a remote device running the SteamSensorWithFileTransfer example code.
I can verify that the device connects and transmits location information - I can see the location being sent from a trace on the device, and if I use a table or label widget I see the values correctly appear.
BaseType: STRING Value: Location Length: 8
BaseType: VARIANT Value: BaseType: LOCATION Value: Long: 43.213502, Lat: -77.842957, Elev: 0.000000
BaseType: DATETIME Value: 85294362
BaseType: STRING Value: GOOD Length: 4
( The location is from the hardcoded example ) I slightly tweaked how the location changes per sample, as the default example was getting out of bounds very quickly. So my values change every sample but only a little.
The problem is that the Google Map Extension I installed doesn't seem to display the location correctly.
Here is a screen shot - as you can see the location appears in Antarctica- but if you look closely you can see my Lat and Lon are no where near there.
I based my google map widget settings off the tutorial - so I have ShowSelection Marker checked and my Location is linked to the SelectedLocation data item in the widget
Solved! Go to Solution.
I missed that - thank you. Of course it was something simple.
I double checked and the bug is in the example src for the c-sdk
|properties.Location.longitude = 43.221462;|
|properties.Location.latitude = -77.850917;|
Is there a preferred method to report defects back to ThingWorx, I have found a handful sofar