cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Handling a 'Show details' button in collection widget

TS_9588135
7-Bedrock

Handling a 'Show details' button in collection widget

Hello all,

I have a button 'show details' in each cell of my collection.

Clicking this button should show a detailed overview of my data that you don't see in the standard screen/cell

(so the mashup height should increase and there should be details added to the cell).

How to handle this in the best way?

I need some advice

5 REPLIES 5

The sub-mashup cell in collection is in fixed size, so the mashup should not grow in height.

But if you add expandable Header/Footer to the mashup, and the original content will shrink or be covered, you can put details on them.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

So I need to add a footer to the mashup that is used as a cell in my collection widget?

Because each cell in the collection should be able to expand and 'show details'...

Yes, the cell mashup can have expandable sidebar/header footer to contain information, controlled by your details Button.  Or you can have a Navigation widget/function to have a small mashup popup.

Okay, thank you. I have added the expandable footer and this indeed helps.

However, I need to specify the height of each cell and here I'm still stuck.

(Because I now get a scroll bar when I click on 'show details').

I know there is a property 'CellHeightField' of the collection.

I added the column 'height' here that comes from a service and gives me a different height depending on whether the 'show details' button has been clicked or not. However, the height does not change in my dashboard... The service does give the right height, but all my cells remain having the initial height they had.

If the cell height can be configured with dynamically input, maybe you still need to refresh the mashup to make it work?  Didn't test on this function.

Top Tags