cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Help needed: trying to import time-series data into Analytics Builder

baraspatch
8-Gravel

Help needed: trying to import time-series data into Analytics Builder

Hey All,

Setup - Thingworx 8.1 (Windows) and Thingworx Analytics 8.1 (Standalone linux)

I am trying to import dataset into analytics builder file attached (json and csv) bascially its exchange rates 

and the first column is time stamps every 15 mins . 

Ive managed to get the data into analytics builder when i use this meta data configuration note bold for the time stamp

[{
"fieldName": "Time",
"dataType": "STRING",
"opType": "TEMPORAL",
"timeSamplingInterval": "900000"
},
{
"fieldName": "Open",
"dataType": "DOUBLE",
"opType": "CONTINUOUS"
},
{
"fieldName": "High",
},
{
"fieldName": "Low",
},
{
"fieldName": "Close",
},
{
"fieldName": "Volume",
}
]

but when i try building models from this dataset it runs for a while maybe 15 seconds and then i get this errorscreenshot12.jpg

Now i know im probably not using the correct format and "opType" for the time stamp in the configuration metadata files,but i cant find appropriate documentation to assist with this. Tried the Transition guide for 8.1 but nothing really about specific time-series data types . If anybody know where i can find documentation on json metadata configuration just point me in the direction please. 

sample of the csv data

Time,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume
2015-12-29 00:00,1.09746,1.09783,1.09741,1.09772,486680003.2
2015-12-29 00:15,1.09772,1.098,1.0977,1.0979,445919999.1
2015-12-29 00:30,1.0979,1.09805,1.09782,1.09792,1210700005
2015-12-29 00:45,1.09792,1.09825,1.09775,1.09808,1116909992
2015-12-29 01:00,1.09808,1.09824,1.09791,1.09822,503880003

Thanks for your help 

Cheers

Paul B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:baraspatch)

Hi

For a time series dataset you need to have 2 specific additional fields compare to non time series one.

One field is with the opType TEMPORAL as you did already.

The other field is with opType ENTITY_ID. The entity_id field is used to identify the source of the data. one csv dataset can indeed contains temporal data from different sources, the entity_id allows to identify this source.

In your example you probably should add a column with the name of the stock you are following and set this as the entity_id. So if you follow different stock you will have different entity_id in your csv each with multiple rows at different temporal time.

If you follow only one stock, you still need to have this entity_id column. It will simply be set to the same value for all records.

Note also that the Temporal field is expected to be a number, so you may have to change the date format to use an increment from a starting point instead of an actual date.

Hope this help

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

For a time series dataset you need to have 2 specific additional fields compare to non time series one.

One field is with the opType TEMPORAL as you did already.

The other field is with opType ENTITY_ID. The entity_id field is used to identify the source of the data. one csv dataset can indeed contains temporal data from different sources, the entity_id allows to identify this source.

In your example you probably should add a column with the name of the stock you are following and set this as the entity_id. So if you follow different stock you will have different entity_id in your csv each with multiple rows at different temporal time.

If you follow only one stock, you still need to have this entity_id column. It will simply be set to the same value for all records.

Note also that the Temporal field is expected to be a number, so you may have to change the date format to use an increment from a starting point instead of an actual date.

Hope this help

Kind regards

Christophe

Hey Christophe,

Thanks again for the quick response. And thanks for the answers. 

Where can i find this type of information out rather than dropping question on public community forums? 

Can i use and Apache Neurons Spark related information given it seems that analytics uses spark jar files ? and if so can you point me in the direction of this information 

Again thanks very much for your help

Cheers

Paul B

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Paul

The description of the different opType (including TEMPORAL and ENTITY_ID) is covered in the transition guide p. 29.

If you feel something is unclear or missing or can be improve, please let us know.

Kind regards

Christophe

Hey Christophe,

Thanks for the response, yep will do. 

Cheers

Paul B

Leigh
Community Manager

Hi @baraspatch

Just wanted to follow up to confirm whether all of your questions were answered by Christophe.  If so, please indicate Accepted Solution for the benefit of our Community users.  If not, please advise on your current status.

Thanks!

Leigh

Top Tags