cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Highlighting Empty rows of grid

Pallavi
6-Contributor

Highlighting Empty rows of grid

Hi,

I want to Highlight Empty rows of Advanced grid widget in red color.

I wrote state definition for this and give it to Row Format property of grid but it applying to all  grid rows.

Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:Pallavi)

Hi @Pallavi 

Here are 2 approach that could help:

- option1

add a new column to the grid that will be hidden for display

populate this column with a specific string (for example "empty") for the rows that are empty - this will require to write a service that scan the values before populating the grid.

Apply a state definition for the rows that have "empty" in that hidden column

-option 2

If some of the columns are of type number, define a state definition with default state being the red state for empty column, then an other state for <numeric column value>  less than <a value higher than the max possible>

Apply that state to the rowFormat property. every rows with a value will have the second state while the one with no value will get the default state.

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Pallavi 

Here are 2 approach that could help:

- option1

add a new column to the grid that will be hidden for display

populate this column with a specific string (for example "empty") for the rows that are empty - this will require to write a service that scan the values before populating the grid.

Apply a state definition for the rows that have "empty" in that hidden column

-option 2

If some of the columns are of type number, define a state definition with default state being the red state for empty column, then an other state for <numeric column value>  less than <a value higher than the max possible>

Apply that state to the rowFormat property. every rows with a value will have the second state while the one with no value will get the default state.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Pallavi
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

Hi Christophe,

Option1 is worked for me.

It will not work, only if "empty" string present in table.

So, added a column with Boolean basetype.

Thanks for the help!

Pallavi

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

@Pallavi 

Thank you I am pleased that it was helpful.

Would you mind marking the response as correct answer as this will helps other to find the solution ?

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags