cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to Disable the Composer login prompt in Thingworx

KishoreKumar1
5-Regular Member

How to Disable the Composer login prompt in Thingworx

Hi,
I have created an application but whenever i use the url of the mashup in a web browser. i am prompted to login to thingworx composer. This makes it hard from business point of view as i dont want to share the composer credentials. Is there a way to disable the login prompt.

Tried Methods:

We have a customized login page in our application built on thingworx.
Using an organisation doesn’t grant me the option to edit or customize the login screen.

Queries

1.Is there a way to customize the organisation login page?
2.If not is there anything that I can do to remove composer login prompt from appearing when users access my application url.
3.In case I use the application key (not recommended method). I can only add one user and not a group and he will have all access over the composer. Which i don’t want.

Please provide your suggestions on the above.

Thanks,

Kishorelogin prompt.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KishoreKumar1
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

The Organization helps me to bypass the Composer to my mashups. But the organization Login screen is not very customizable. I created an App key for a user and called the mashup I needed in the URL in the following format:

http://<ThingWorxServer>:<ThingWorxPort>/Thingworx/Mashups/<YourMashupName>?appKey=<YourAppKeyHere>&x-thingworx-session=true . This let me bypass the Login Prompt to the required mashup screen. And in the platform subsystem ensure that the Allow Application Key as URL Parameter check box is selected.

Regards,

Kishore

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @KishoreKumar1.

Take a look at this page from our Help Center to see if this provides the functionality you need.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

KishoreKumar1
5-Regular Member

Hi Sharon,

I have a customized login page in our application built on thingworx.
Using an organisation doesn’t grant me the option to edit or customize the login screen.(Except Some options like login image,style and so..)

1.Is there a way to customize the organisation login page layout or for a specific purpose(application), as i was able to modify in other mashups?

Can i Add a Background image for the organisation login

Change the layout for the login page

Use some CSS Style Sheets

2.If not is there anything that I can do to remove composer login prompt from appearing when users access my application url.

Thanks,

Kishore

Hi @KishoreKumar1.

Take a look a this training guide from the Developer Portal.  If you still have questions after completing your review, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @KishoreKumar1.

If you were able to find the answer you needed from the training guide that was provided in the last post, please mark that response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

KishoreKumar1
5-Regular Member

Hi Sharon,

The Organization helps me to bypass the Composer to my mashups. But the organization Login screen is not very customizable. I created an App key for a user and called the mashup I needed in the URL in the following format:

http://<ThingWorxServer>:<ThingWorxPort>/Thingworx/Mashups/<YourMashupName>?appKey=<YourAppKeyHere>&x-thingworx-session=true . This let me bypass the Login Prompt to the required mashup screen. And in the platform subsystem ensure that the Allow Application Key as URL Parameter check box is selected.

Regards,

Kishore

Top Tags