cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to Execute ThingWorx Service from Vuforia Studio

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

How to Execute ThingWorx Service from Vuforia Studio

Hello,

I am using stream to store values. 

It's working but the problem is after every single record I need to manually press the execute button in ThingWorx service to store the data into Stream.

Eg. I capture record1 then need to manually press execute button of ThingWorx InspectionAddData service.

Capture record2 again manually press the execute button in ThingWorx InspectionAddData service.

Capture record3 again manually press the execute button in ThingWorx InspectionAddData service.

Now the problem is, how can I trigger execute button of ThingWorx InspectionAddData Service from Vuforia Studio?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Aditya Gupta.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Aditya1702)

add the line

me.InspectionAddData();

to your service InspectionStep

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Rocko
17-Peridot

Why don't you use the triggerDataService as described in the Help? https://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/en/#page/Studio_Help_Center%2Fcoding_twx.html%23

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:Rocko)

Hi,

I have written a function to call the service in Vuforia Studio and I am calling it on the click event of a button widget but it is still not working. '

I have attached the reference image.

Also note that the service I want to call has  no inputs & outputs, its just a service to enter the data into ThingWorx Stream.

Rocko
17-Peridot

In you other post you wrote you enter the data using the service InspectionStep. https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Property-values-are-repeating-while-using-QueryPropertyHistory/m-p/940291/highlight/true#M66168

Why don't you call InspectionAddData  from inside of InspectionStep?

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite
(To:Rocko)

Hi

I am using Inspection Service to fetch data from vuforia studio to thingworx & using InspectionAddData service of thingworx to enter data into stream.

Can you guide be how to call InspectionAddData service inside InspectionStep?

Aditya1702
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

Can anyone help me out?

Rocko
17-Peridot

add the line

me.InspectionAddData();

to your service InspectionStep

Top Tags