cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

How to configure dropdown widget in the given table

Rayon_11
10-Marble

How to configure dropdown widget in the given table

Hi everyone,

My question is suppose we have an Infotable like the below one.

Rayon_11_0-1701158553312.png

Now what I want is filter these data based on Gender and School 

Requirement:

Like we have two dropdown in the mashup UI  one for Gender and another for School now if user Select any of the dropdown data should be filtered in the grid according to selection in the dropdown

please let me know how can I configure it in Thingworx 8.5 version

If Possible please share the exact solution 

please share binding as well

Best Regards,

Rayon.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Rayon_11)

You have a service that populates the grid with its result.

This service will need two additional inputs, for gender and for school. In the service you implement the filtering to get the proper data.

The two dropdown fields will have their selected value bound to the input of the service. The selectionChanged event of both widget are bound to the service execution.

This way, everytime a value is selected in the dropdowns, the service is executed with the current values of gender and school for filtering, return the result to be displayed on the grid.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rocko
17-Peridot

You have a service that populates the grid with its result.

This service will need two additional inputs, for gender and for school. In the service you implement the filtering to get the proper data.

The two dropdown fields will have their selected value bound to the input of the service. The selectionChanged event of both widget are bound to the service execution.

This way, everytime a value is selected in the dropdowns, the service is executed with the current values of gender and school for filtering, return the result to be displayed on the grid.

Yedukrishnan
13-Aquamarine

Hi @Rayon_11 ,

This should be handled in both Mashup and Service end.

Service end - Two inputs to be created and query the list based on the inputs from dropdown. By default you could keep "All" to get full list. 

Mashup end - Map the selectedRows from both the dropdowns as the two inputs to the service. And, run the service at selectedRowsChanged event of both the dropdowns. 

With regards

Yedukrishnan

Top Tags