cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to enable local bound for thingshape property?

Sathishkumar_C
17-Peridot

How to enable local bound for thingshape property?

Hi All,

I am trying to enable local bounding with thingshape's property which is implemented on thing. How to enable local bounding with own thing property?

Ex. Created a thing "TestThing" with "ThingProperty" and Implemented "TestThingShape" with "ThingShapeProperty". Trying to enable local bound "ThingShapeProperty" with "ThingProperty". It was binded with "ThingProperty" but data was not updated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

8 REPLIES 8

Hi, Sathishkumar.

What version of ThingWorx are you using? There are no errors thrown in either the UI or the logs when you try this?

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

Thank you for your response.
I saw an error "Can not bind yourself" in application log.

Thanks & Regards,
Sathishkumar C

yes, even i am getting the same error when i tried same scenario at my local end.

error : Cannot Bind To Yourself

i think thingshape becomes values when it is implemented by some thing -- thingshape being alone doesn't make sense

so in our case when our thing implements that thingshape -- properties defined in both thing & thingshape are both confined to same thing entity.. thats why it gives the error : Cannot Bind To Yourself

but if you create another thing and bound the properties between these 2 things - bind happens

I want bind thing property to thingshape property. here thingshape attached with source thing which is having a thingshape.

Thanks & Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

@rosharma

Could you please check this post and see if you have answer for this.

perform these steps - this is working at my end

after mapping -- value is getting passed from thingshape property to testthing property but vice versa not happening but this time with below configurations it is not showing any error as well( i believe in backend it works)

1. create thingshape named as testthingshape with thingshapeproperty

2. create a thing named as testthing with genericthing as thingtemplate and testthingshape as thingshape

3. create a testthingprop in testthing

4. map the bindings on testthing - go to manage bindings- select testthing as thing --- drag the testthingprop to right side thingshapeproperty

5. now pass the value to thingshapeproperty from testthing using set value option

6. same text will be visible to testthingprop 

Thank you for your response.

I need to get data from testthing property to thingshape property.

Thanks & Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

@rosharma

Could you please check this post and see if you have answer for this.

Top Tags