cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to implement dbc connection from thingworx to Athena?

chaitanya
7-Bedrock

How to implement dbc connection from thingworx to Athena?

I just started looking into this, would really appreciate the guidance if anyone has already implemented or has any idea regarding how to go about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:chaitanya)

Hi @chaitanya have you already looked into using JDBC extension for ThingWorx? If not you could download it via the ThingWorx Marketplace JDBC Connector Extension

This'll allow you to create a JDBC template using the Athena JDBC driver

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi @chaitanya have you already looked into using JDBC extension for ThingWorx? If not you could download it via the ThingWorx Marketplace JDBC Connector Extension

This'll allow you to create a JDBC template using the Athena JDBC driver

Hi @supandey , 

Thanks for the response.
I have already installed jdbc extension which helped me create a thing with autogenerated jdbc template.Configuration for the thing to connect athena has been done.
Then I created service containing SQL query which has been tested in Athena query editor. Currently I am facing an issue invoking this service.

Please find application log below:

2018-04-23 14:06:15.052+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.w.BaseService] [I: ] [U: chaitanya] [S: ] [T: https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-3] [context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@4e2d91c9][message: Unable to Invoke Service hitAthena on athenaNew : Execute Update failed: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][AthenaJDBC](100071) An error has been thrown from the AWS Athena client. Only one sql statement is allowed. Got: SELECT * FROM (select * from "db"."table";) T LIMIT 0]

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@chaitanya if you already have a connection done to Athena I would recommend please closing this thread by accepting one of the threads replied under your question as accepted solution and then please open a new thread with your issue detailed with any error you might be encountering while invoking the service.

Looking forward to your new question.

sure, @supandey. Will create a new thread for invoking athena query editor with a service.
Thanks.

Top Tags