cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to implement dbc connection from thingworx to Athena?

chaitanya
7-Bedrock

How to implement dbc connection from thingworx to Athena?

I just started looking into this, would really appreciate the guidance if anyone has already implemented or has any idea regarding how to go about this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:chaitanya)

Hi @chaitanya have you already looked into using JDBC extension for ThingWorx? If not you could download it via the ThingWorx Marketplace JDBC Connector Extension

This'll allow you to create a JDBC template using the Athena JDBC driver

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi @chaitanya have you already looked into using JDBC extension for ThingWorx? If not you could download it via the ThingWorx Marketplace JDBC Connector Extension

This'll allow you to create a JDBC template using the Athena JDBC driver

Hi @supandey , 

Thanks for the response.
I have already installed jdbc extension which helped me create a thing with autogenerated jdbc template.Configuration for the thing to connect athena has been done.
Then I created service containing SQL query which has been tested in Athena query editor. Currently I am facing an issue invoking this service.

Please find application log below:

2018-04-23 14:06:15.052+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.w.BaseService] [I: ] [U: chaitanya] [S: ] [T: https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-3] [context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@4e2d91c9][message: Unable to Invoke Service hitAthena on athenaNew : Execute Update failed: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][AthenaJDBC](100071) An error has been thrown from the AWS Athena client. Only one sql statement is allowed. Got: SELECT * FROM (select * from "db"."table";) T LIMIT 0]

supandey
19-Tanzanite

@chaitanya if you already have a connection done to Athena I would recommend please closing this thread by accepting one of the threads replied under your question as accepted solution and then please open a new thread with your issue detailed with any error you might be encountering while invoking the service.

Looking forward to your new question.

sure, @supandey. Will create a new thread for invoking athena query editor with a service.
Thanks.

Announcements

Top Tags