cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to see Java Codes which is imported to thingworx as services ?

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AP_9587236

Before I answer, as a side note, what you asked for is known as "Java source code" in programming circles.

To answer your question, it depends on who built the extension you imported:

• if it's built by PTC, you are not allowed to do this, as described in the licensing terms, here.
  • if it's built by another company/partner, you can always ask them for the source code, depending of course on the terms of your contract with them.

If you encounter any issue with PTC built extensions, assuming you read the documentation and have attended a certain level of training, I suggest raising a bug on the support portal, support.ptc.com 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kazunari
5-Regular Member
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi, have you imported a custom Extension to Thingworx? Could you describe what kind of import did you perform?

I can see a service like this in thing. How to view its code ?

AP_9587236_0-1657177372215.png

Hi @AP_9587236

Before I answer, as a side note, what you asked for is known as "Java source code" in programming circles.

To answer your question, it depends on who built the extension you imported:

• if it's built by PTC, you are not allowed to do this, as described in the licensing terms, here.
  • if it's built by another company/partner, you can always ask them for the source code, depending of course on the terms of your contract with them.

If you encounter any issue with PTC built extensions, assuming you read the documentation and have attended a certain level of training, I suggest raising a bug on the support portal, support.ptc.com 

Top Tags