cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to synchronize mashups without autorefresh, using iframe?

dmartinez1
4-Participant

How to synchronize mashups without autorefresh, using iframe?

I need 2 mashups to be synchronized, with real-time response since both will share data.

So far, all right since I can have the data in a Thing, and use the services "GetProperties" and "SetProperties". With the "GetProperties" I use the checkbox "Automatically update values when able" and everything works perfectly in 2 tab / browsers.

My problem arises when I try to show it with iframe.
With iframe does not refresh the data, I need to use an auto-refresh to search the data.

I have annotated all ClickjackFilter.

Is it a version problem?
Is it a problem because "Automatically update values when able" is not compatible with iframe?

I'm using Thingworx 7.3.1 with PTC Navigate 1.6

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:dmartinez1)

Potentially a websockets connection can't be made when functioning in the iframe.

But how come you have to use the iframe? are you showing a mashup in another system?

If it is based on some selection in the parent, you could potentially pass mashup parameters.

dmartinez1
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @PaiChung

I am using iframe because I need to show some mashups embedded in my web page. Show fragmented (at least try) a mashup already created, the problem is that I can not synchronize.

I'm trying a very basic example, just a "Textarea" and a "Value Display". When modifying the Textarea, I would like it to be shown in the "Value Display", not only in the instance in which I modified the Textarea, but also to show the value in any previously loaded view.

Top Tags