cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to write into class aspects field?

Michail
9-Granite

How to write into class aspects field?

Hello, I need to find a non-destructive way of writing into a class aspects constant ASPECT_DATACHANGETHRESHOLD​ at ThingShape level. I'd be grateful for your help!

8 REPLIES 8
tmousaw
5-Regular Member
(To:Michail)

You can set the aspect ​dataChangeThreshold​ directly in ThingWorx Composer when defining the property on the ThingShape under "Data Change Info > Change Threshold".  Are you looking for a means to set this aspect that does not involve the ThingWorx Composer?

Michail
9-Granite
(To:tmousaw)

correct

tmousaw
5-Regular Member

I'd like to have more context on your particular use case.  Can you elaborate?  Do you have an existing ThingShape and want to set the ​dataChangeThreshold​ aspect programmatically?  Or are you programmatically creating a ThingShape and need to set the aspect of the ​dataChangeThreshold​ of the properties you are adding?

Michail
9-Granite

Tim Mousaw​, please view the following post.

tmousaw
5-Regular Member

Thank you for the context.

After some investigation, I do not believe there is any way for you to accomplish what you are trying programmatically.  I do believe that what you are trying to do ​should​ be available programmatically.  Therefore, I would suggest you submit a support ticket for your use case.  I will also respond to the other thread.

Michail
9-Granite

Thank you Tim Mousaw​, I've submitted a ticket.

posipova
20-Turquoise

You can set aspects in your java extension, ThingWorx Eclipse plugin makes it especially easy.

Polina Osipova​, would an app user be able to set it?

Top Tags