Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write into class aspects field?

Contributor

How to write into class aspects field?

Hello, I need to find a non-destructive way of writing into a class aspects constant ASPECT_DATACHANGETHRESHOLD​ at ThingShape level. I'd be grateful for your help!

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to write into class aspects field?

You can set the aspect ​dataChangeThreshold​ directly in ThingWorx Composer when defining the property on the ThingShape under "Data Change Info > Change Threshold".  Are you looking for a means to set this aspect that does not involve the ThingWorx Composer?

correct

I'd like to have more context on your particular use case.  Can you elaborate?  Do you have an existing ThingShape and want to set the ​dataChangeThreshold​ aspect programmatically?  Or are you programmatically creating a ThingShape and need to set the aspect of the ​dataChangeThreshold​ of the properties you are adding?

Tim Mousaw​, please view the following post.

Thank you for the context.

After some investigation, I do not believe there is any way for you to accomplish what you are trying programmatically.  I do believe that what you are trying to do ​should​ be available programmatically.  Therefore, I would suggest you submit a support ticket for your use case.  I will also respond to the other thread.

Thank you Tim Mousaw​, I've submitted a ticket.

You can set aspects in your java extension, ThingWorx Eclipse plugin makes it especially easy.

Polina Osipova​, would an app user be able to set it?