cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

IoT Hub Connector setup throw Unable to connect to platform

SY_10660763
2-Guest

IoT Hub Connector setup throw Unable to connect to platform

Hi,

I have been following article https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tips/Connect-Azure-IoT-Devices-Part-1/ta-p/833021

As per article version of HubConnection Extension should be azure-iot-hub-adapter-extension-4.2.0.4 but I found for thingWorx 9.2 has version "Thingworx-Azure-IoT-Hub-Connector-4.3.0.3". 

I also notice that azure.iot.conf (below) has just 3 properties but article has 10. I dont know from where read value for "hub-thing-name". When I run "azure-iot.bat" I get "java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to connect to platform" error.

Please help to point to most current article/lab or fix existing one.

cx-server {
protocol {
file-upload-events {
// Should the receiver for file-upload notifications be started?
enabled = true

// Name of the Thing (using template AzureStorageContainerFileRepository) which is associated to the storage container
// linked with this IoT Hub (within Azure Portal: Hub > File upload (under Messaging) > Storage container).
//
// This thing does not need to exist prior to starting the connector, but any file-upload events received
// before this Thing exists will fail and not be retried.
repository-thing-name = "<Your File Repsitory Thing Name Here>"
}

// This is the thing name that represents your Azure IoT Hub in Thingworx
hub-thing-name = "<Your Hub Thing Name Here>"
}

transport.websockets {
// ThingWorx platform application key
app-key = "26afb719-****-4366-9988-****"

// One or more platforms can be specified here, comma separated
platforms = "ws://rec-arp-ncu-d.fmcgds-np.com:80/Thingworx/WS"
}
}

1 REPLY 1

Hi @SY_10660763 

From error message it looks like Azure Connector not able to connect with Thingworx Platform. Please check Thingworx URL and Port Number

You can also check support page for more information 

/VR

Top Tags