cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there a widget that has an event that could trigger a service when making a selection?

YD_9850038
9-Granite

Is there a widget that has an event that could trigger a service when making a selection?

Hello Expert.

I have the details of the customers stored in a table in a external database, i retrieve all the information using a query and list them in a Grid widget perfectly. my question, does the Grid widget (Or any similar widget) have an event that allows me when i click on a customer in the Grid to get a mashup opened  with an the information of that specific customer so i can edit it.

Thanks,

Yous

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:YD_9850038)

Usually we use the 'Source Data' SelectedRow and SelectedRow Changed event for what you want to do.

Seems interesting, could you provide some guidance (screenshots, instructions..) please?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Pretty sure this would have been covered in the ThingWorx fundamentals intro courses, as well as the free trial developer courses. So I recommend you check those out.

I have not been able to find any useful materials, if could suggest some it would be appreciated!

Thanks, 

Yous

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Thanks for the input but not helpful!

Here the usecase i need when i click on a row in the advanced grid, i want to open a pop up with the details of the row selected so i can make the modification, example i have the advanced grid that via a service list me all the students details: ID, Name, Surname..., i want when i click on row that says student ID 3, it opens a pop up with all the details of the student that has ID 3.

I have made a lot of trainings i have not seen that before, i also searched in the community and thingworx developer but did not find any helpful information that why i opened this topic.

Thanks, 

Yous

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

This should just be Selected Row Changed (in the Data Source) event. to fire a Navigate function/action to open another mashup with a pop-up that has mashup parameters to take in the Selected Row (from the Data Source) which is bound through the Navigate function/action.

I haven't looked at too many of the courses lately, but the use of Selected Row and Selected Row Changed should ... hopefully ... be covered.

I know Advanced Grid has certain other options aside from using the Data Source events, but that's how I would approach it.

@PaiChung  Thanks for informartions. 

Let imagine that my advanced grid retrieves the following informations:

id first_name last_name
1 Shreya Bain
2 Rianna Foster
3 Yosef

Naylor

Now i would like when clicking on Rianna for example, it displays a pop up or other mashup with all the information of Rianna and the same if i double click on other user, any idea?

Thanks, 

Youssef

Top Tags