cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Issue with PostgreDBSetup

aarasan-2
1-Newbie

Issue with PostgreDBSetup

Hi,

I'm trying to install Thingoworx 7.1 and I have installed postgreSQL 9.4.8.1 that i got along with the installer and the Database user login was also created as twadmin.

When i configure and execute the thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat script, i end up with the below error

I had highlighted the way i execute the scrip in yellow colour. I had also attached the batch file that I'm executing in this post. Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Amarkarthi.

7 REPLIES 7
mchehaibi
5-Regular Member
(To:aarasan-2)

Hi Arasan,

Here are below some basic troubelshooting tips when installing Postgresql DB for ThingWrox. I hope this helps:

• Ensure 'ThingworxStorage', 'ThingworxPlatform' and 'ThingworxPostgresqlStorage' folders are created
  • The folders have to be present in the root directory unless specifically changed in any configurations
  • Recommended to grant sufficient privileges (if not all) to the database user (twadmin)
  • Note: While running the script in order to create a database, if a schema name other than 'public' is used, the "search_path" in "postgresql.conf" must be changed to reflect 'NewSchemaName, public'
  • Grant permission to user for access to root folders containing 'ThingworxPostgresqlStorage' and 'ThingworxPlatform'
  • The password set for the default 'twadmin' in the pgAdmin III tool must match the password set in the configuration file under the ThingworxPlatform folder

Best Regards,

Amine

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please elaborate what do you mean by the below line?

• Ensure 'ThingworxStorage', 'ThingworxPlatform' and 'ThingworxPostgresqlStorage' folders are created

I have installed just the Postgresql in the default location which got installed into C:\Prgoramfiles\postrgresql\ and I created a directory in the name 'ThingworxPostrgresqlStorage' in the root of C drive and given all permissions.

Should i create the other 2 directories as well?

Thanks in advace!!

posipova
20-Turquoise

Hi,

Please see this document for some possible solutions: Frequently Seen Errors upon launching the Thingworx application:

Amarkarthi,

Any update on this? Were any of the posts in the discussion helpful? If so, could you click on the "correct answer" or "mark as helpful" button and let us know?

hi,

please  open your thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat file and replace tablespace_location to your real location。

such as:

SET tablespace_location=E:/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

then clean your old operation and double click thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat。

Best Regards,

zero

Cat
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

1. Give all permission to the folder (C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage)

permission.png

2. Use the following command below:

thingworxpostgresDBSetup.bat -a postgres -u twadmin -l C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

command.png

3. Result:

result.png

Cat
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

Do you make a directory (ThingworxPostgresqlStorage)?

Top Tags