cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Java keystore error 'Input not an X.509 certificate' during trial Thingworx foundation installation

Chris-P
4-Participant

Java keystore error 'Input not an X.509 certificate' during trial Thingworx foundation installation

I'm following the install documentation for thingworx foundation and I get to the step where I need to create a self-signed certificate. Unfortunately my Java keystore won't except the certificate that is created. It is rejected with this error > java.lang.Exception: Input not an X.509 certificate"

I've tried this solution https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/keytool-error-java-lang-Exception-Input-not-an-X-509-certificate/td-p/623652 but the thingworx foundation installer won't accept the certificate file created.

Any ideas?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris-P)

Hi @Chris-P.

This article may be helpful.  In addition, you can bypass SSL during the initial installation and configure it after you have validated that ThingWorx is running successfully.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Chris-P)

Hi @Chris-P.

This article may be helpful.  In addition, you can bypass SSL during the initial installation and configure it after you have validated that ThingWorx is running successfully.

Regards.

--Sharon

Chris-P
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your suggestion, it works as far as resolving that certificate error, but when I start thingworx foundation by going to https://localhost:8443/Thingworx in chrome an unsafe connection warning is shown. I can login and connect to Thingworx but the connection is unsecure. 

Chris

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Chris-P.

That's expected when using a self-signed certificate.  You can read more about self-signed certificates here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Chris-P.

If one of the previous posts answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags