cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loaded 'validation.properties' properties file *** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

SOLVED
Highlighted
Participant

Loaded 'validation.properties' properties file *** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

Hi,

The Thingworx platform I deployed doesn't work today.

The version I installed is Thingworx 7.3 . And Used the postgresql 9.4 as database.

When I used the url "localhost/Thingworx"  to visit the platform, it displays like the picture below.

QQ图片20170926154303.png

And this is log file in Tomcat

2017-09-26 14:40:46 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized

Attempting to load ESAPI.properties via file I/O.

Attempting to load ESAPI.properties as resource file via file I/O.

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\ESAPI.properties

Loaded 'ESAPI.properties' properties file

Attempting to load validation.properties via file I/O.

Attempting to load validation.properties as resource file via file I/O.

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\validation.properties

Loaded 'validation.properties' properties file

*** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

*** Web Application STATE is being set to ERROR! ***

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: destroy called

2017-09-26 15:00:30 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\ESAPI.properties

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\validation.properties

*** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: destroy called

2017-09-26 15:07:51 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized

wish your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Loaded 'validation.properties' properties file *** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

Thanks Janet Joseph Antony Dass

I followed the article. When I checked the PostgreSQL logs, there was an error about pg_hda.conf.

The platform works again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Loaded 'validation.properties' properties file *** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

Hi yz ding,

Please try the resolutions given in this Article. And let us know if you still face any issues.

Article Viewer | PTC

Highlighted

Thanks Janet Joseph Antony Dass

I followed the article. When I checked the PostgreSQL logs, there was an error about pg_hda.conf.

The platform works again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ensure your postgresql db is running (in pg admin III, you may right click on the database to establish connection as an option from the selection).

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum!