cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Migrating all data and entities from one thingworx instance to another when thingworx not running.

mahesh
5-Regular Member

Migrating all data and entities from one thingworx instance to another when thingworx not running.

we had a thingworx instance where a project been developed. that instance is not starting showing errors. error log file of thingworx application log as well as tomcat catline logs are attached with this post. please can we import all our project, and data from thingworx instance which is not running to another thingworx instance manually. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @mahesh.

From a review of your case, it appears your issue was resolved by the License Management team by extending the expiration date of your license.  If this is an accurate understanding, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

It looks like your license file has disappeared. If you fix it, then most probably your instance will fire up correctly.

2019-09-12 02:01:33.710+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to fetch license file with device id a4b0f1c6-d295-4ad9-9d3b-525f7dcbf8f5
2019-09-12 02:01:33.876+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFetcher] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to process capability response because Storage anchor break found.
2019-09-12 02:01:33.880+0530 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to read trial license file. Attempting to load as Paid license
2019-09-12 02:01:33.926+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] [message: Storage anchor break found.]
2019-09-12 02:01:33.926+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================
2019-09-12 02:01:33.926+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] License file missing. It's expected at path : C:\ThingworxPlatform\license.bin
2019-09-12 02:01:33.927+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================
2019-09-12 02:01:33.927+0530 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Shutting down the Platform.

/ Constantine

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Constantine)

Hi @mahesh.

Also, in the log snippet provided by Constantine, is this error:

Storage anchor break found

This could indicate corruption in the trusted storage.  If that is the case, we will most likely need to create a case for this issue in order to schedule a WebEx for troubleshooting the issue.

Do you currently have a license file located in \ThingworxPlatform?  Even though the log indicates the file name is license.bin, it should actually be license_capability_response.bin if you are running ThingWorx 8.1 or above.

License file missing. It's expected at path : C:\ThingworxPlatform\license.bin

Please provide a screenshot of the contents of the \ThingworxPlatform folder so we can determine how best to proceed.

Regards.

--Sharon

mahesh
5-Regular Member

we have also tried by put the license file with name license_capability_response.bin but it ignored the license and gives the same error. the license file get renamed to ignored_license_capability_response.bin.

raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:mahesh)

Hi,

Can you check if the license file has device id = 

a4b0f1c6-d295-4ad9-9d3b-525f7dcbf8f5

It is possible that the device id from the license file to be different than the one on the platform.

You can download a new license file for device id = a4b0f1c6-d295-4ad9-9d3b-525f7dcbf8f5 , copy it in ThingworxPlatform, rename it to license_capability_response.bin and restart Tomcat.

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mahesh.

I think we need to open a case for this.  There could be a few different things going on and a case would be the quickest way to resolve it as we could then schedule a WebEx for hands on troubleshooting.  Please let me know if this works for you and I will open the case on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

mahesh
5-Regular Member

hi @slangley 

We have already open case with case number 15061130. please help we with this issue

Thank you.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mahesh.

From a review of your case, it appears your issue was resolved by the License Management team by extending the expiration date of your license.  If this is an accurate understanding, please mark this post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags