cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Model deployment failed on connector TW.AnalysisServices.ThingPredictorConnector

drieder
15-Moonstone

Model deployment failed on connector TW.AnalysisServices.ThingPredictorConnector

Hello everyone,

when trying to publish a model from the Analytics Builder i get the error message:

"Model deployment failed on connector TW.AnalysisServices.ThingPredictorConnector", eventhough i was able to create a thingPredictor in the Analytics Manager.

I have read the other threads regarding this problem, but they dont work for me. It seems you need to download the predictor package, what i can't because i am working with the trial version currently. 

Screenshot (18).png 

Any help is appreciated very much.

Best Regards,

Dominik

Edit:

I have found a Thingworx Analytics Prediction installer in my Trial Edition Installer folder. During the installation it asks for 

Http Port for ThingWorx Analytics Prediction

Admin Port for ThingWorx Analytics Prediction

Any idea which port numbers to put there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:drieder)

Hi Dominik

I got some confirmation that the ATE version that includes the configuration for ThingPredictor is 8.2.0 r3 and the one you downloaded is 8.2.0r2 which does not include the configuration.

I have contacted the Dev Zone team to correct the version.

Nevertheless I have documented some additional steps that should allow the 8.2.0r2 to work at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS284194

Hope that helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Dominik

Could you please clarify which trial Edition you are using:

- what is the name of the media zip file you downloaded ?

- where did you download it from ?

I am asking because in the output of your docker command we see only ThingWorx Analytics components, you should also have a ThingWorx Foundation to work with ThingPredictor.

Since you are accessing Builder you clearly have one, but where is your ThingWorx Foundation installed ? is it also a trial, if yes, same question as above what is its name and where did you get it from .

This is important to clarify your environment and see how to make it work.

Thanks

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:cmorfin)

Hello Christophe, 

thank you for replying so fast again! I downloaded the Analytics Trial version from https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads.

The zips name is "Thingworx-Analytics-Trial-Edition-8-2"

My foundation server is indeed a trial version aswell which i installed manually before (Not the Docker installation) with Tomcat. I managed to only install the Analytics Server Component and connect it with my foundation server. My foundation server is running on version 8.2.1 btw.

I tried to use the overall installer (which also installs a foundation server) but i can some post installation errors.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,

Dominik

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Dominik

I am a little confused by the fact you have a ThingPredictor installer.

I have downloaded and install the Analytics Trial Edition but I do not have any ThingPredictor installer .

I just downloaded it on Friday , maybe you got an earlier version ?

I am unfortunately having some hardware issue, so I can't complete everything with this new installation as yet.

However to answer your question about the admin and application port for ThingPredictor, you can enter any free ports here. ThingPredictor will use those ports to run.

Thanks

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone

Hi Christophe,

that is strange, i just downloaded the Analytics Trial version again and it has the same components structure. 

So when i navigate through the folders 

Thingworx-Analytics-Trial-Edition-8-2/ate-windows-installer-8.2.0/AnalyticsTrialEditionInstaller/component_installers 

i have this:Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (22).png

And there i choose to install the last application (Analytics Server). Its realy frustrating, i am only trying this approach because the overall installer which would set up a foundation server does not work for me aswell (i have another thread opened for this issue)

Regards,

Dominik

Edit:

The thingPredictor installer is then again in the component_installers folder, but trying to install it was absolute nonsense because the analyticServer installer already installs the Predictor. I even have a container running with the name predictorms. 

Also the ThingPreditor thing in my composer shows that it is connected 

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Dominik

I think we have had a mis-understanding.

In the component-installers we have a ThingWorxAnalyticsPrediction-8.2.0-r2-windows-installer.exe.

I am guessing this is the one you are referring to.

I was thinking you had a installer with name ThingPredictor.

ThingPredictor is  available as a standalone component with the 8.2 non trial version, and though it does use the same engine as prediction ms, they are 2 separate things.

With the Trial edition (ATE), it seems both have been merged into one.

However as mentionned in the other thread, I think there is a verison issue with the trial edition downloaded from the dev zone. I don't think that version include the merge.

So you do see it connected in ThingWorx, because the prediction ms is used by Analytics Server for scoring job, but this is different form the agent you need in Analytics Manager as described in https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/operationalize-analytics-model .

As this stage, do not spend more time trying to install the ATE, I am trying to clarify the status about the version on DevZone and the compatibility with ThingPredictor.

I will let you know if the current ATE can work or if a new version is needed (which I think is the case)

Kind regards

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone

Thank you again for your effort and for pointing this out in such a detail!

Regards,

Dominik

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Dominik

I got some confirmation that the ATE version that includes the configuration for ThingPredictor is 8.2.0 r3 and the one you downloaded is 8.2.0r2 which does not include the configuration.

I have contacted the Dev Zone team to correct the version.

Nevertheless I have documented some additional steps that should allow the 8.2.0r2 to work at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS284194

Hope that helps

Christophe

drieder
15-Moonstone

Hello Christophe, 

thank you very much, i am going to try it out immediately. I think this is a good point to accept it as a solution ;)

Again, thank you very much for your effort!

Best Regards,

Dominik

Top Tags