cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

PTC thingworx : config.json.booted error in "IoT Connectivity with ThingWorx" course

samverma
4-Participant

PTC thingworx : config.json.booted error in "IoT Connectivity with ThingWorx" course

Folks,
I am getting error while starting the wsems @ 443 port on windows 10 machine.

when I type wsems in cmd (with admin), I get following error:

C:\Users\<path> microserver>wsems
[INFO ] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 wsems: Using config file: C:\Users\<path>\Desktop\Thingworkx\Thingworx microserver\etc\config.json
[FORCE] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 wsems: Starting up ....
[ERROR] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 jsonConfigurator::initialize: Error parsing JSON.
[ERROR] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 Main: Error initializing configurator with C:\Users\<path>\Desktop\Thingworkx\Thingworx microserver\etc\config.json
[WARN ] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 Main: Trying .booted config file
[ERROR] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 jsonConfigurator::initialize: Error reading file. Error: No such file or directory [C:\Users\<path>\Desktop\Thingworkx\Thingworx microserver\etc\config.json.booted]
[ERROR] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 Main: Error initializing configurator with C:\Users\<path>\Desktop\Thingworkx\Thingworx microserver\etc\config.json.booted
[WARN ] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,617 Main: Failed to load .booted config file.  Reverting back to original.
[ERROR] 2018-10-05 10:27:27,632 Main: Failed to load any configuration file.  Exiting...

can anyone help me out with this, how to get around with .booted file error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
samverma
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Folks,

not exactly sure how I fixed it. but I tried three things:

1. added the thingworx folder on exclusion from anti-virus

2. Added firewall rule to allow wsems.exe

3. re created the config.json file and certificate.

that that made it work! 

thanks again PTC team for all your support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:samverma)

Hello,

What are the file permissions for

C:\Users\<path>\Desktop\Thingworkx\Thingworx microserver\etc\ ?

Since none of the configuration files in that directory are being read it could be a permissions problem.

-- Craig A.

samverma
4-Participant
(To:CRArko)

Thanks Crag for prompt reply. Looks like my work laptop is restricting me from undo read only access. let me get back to my IT support. 

thanks again, I'll get back to you soon.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:samverma)

Hi @samverma.

If you have found a solution to your problem, please feel free to post it here for the benefit of others on the community.  Once you have done so, please mark it as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

samverma
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Folks,

not exactly sure how I fixed it. but I tried three things:

1. added the thingworx folder on exclusion from anti-virus

2. Added firewall rule to allow wsems.exe

3. re created the config.json file and certificate.

that that made it work! 

thanks again PTC team for all your support.

Top Tags