cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Problems with Alerts History

csilva1
7-Bedrock

Problems with Alerts History

Hello guys,

I'm facing a strange problem.

There is a thing with some properties that have Alerts configured.

If I set manually some of these properties to "TRUE" the event of Alert works and the History populate normally.

On the other hand when a service manage automatically the Alerts, the properties change, the Alerts be active, but the history doesn't populate the infotable.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks.

Christyam

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:csilva1)

What do you mean by a service manages it? What does the service do?

Did you check the log for any error messages?

Thanks @PaiChung 

Well, imagine a property that has an alert configured and its name is "Property1".

Now, imagine a service named as "Service1" that has some "if/else" and an attribution like "me.Property1 = true;".

My symptom is, if I manually put "true" to  "Property1" the alert is activated and when I test the service "QueryAlertHistory" the infotable is normally populated.

If I let "Service1" run, "Property1" changes, but the Alert History doesn't populated as well. 

I checked again the Monitor and there are no errors related.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:csilva1)

That sounds like a bug, because that seems to imply the Alert isn't firing, or perhaps even data change isn't firing.

You can test if datachange is firing by just creating a subscription and putting in a logger statement.

I would put in a support ticket.

Top Tags