cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

QueryNamedPropertyHistory fetches new data every 6-10 secs instead of 1 second

ruslan1979
4-Participant

QueryNamedPropertyHistory fetches new data every 6-10 secs instead of 1 second

Hello.

Am trying to understand why QueryNamedPropertyHistory service brings new data every 6-10 instead of 1 second but I still can't succeed.

So here is my architecture:

1) a thing client (stand alone java program) sends data to thingworx every second;

2) remote thing receives the data and I see that new data come here every second as well;

3) the data from the remote thing goes next to separate things;

4) next, a thing template brings the data via QueryNamedPropertyHistory service;

2019-07-12 07_46_29-ThingWorx Composer.png

5) new data in a mashup is seen here every 6-10 unfortunately at the final step. 

2019-07-12 07_50_40-ThingWorx Composer.png

Could anyone tell me what I do wrong? How to achieve the desired result -)

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ruslan1979)

When you run the query service manually, does the data reflect properly? So the issue is only with mashups not refreshing it every second rather than 6-10?

A couple of things,  it may not be feasible to have the mashup refresh every second. We may also look into behavior difference with another browser.

Also Async writes are in place here on this process, I mean stream/valuestream entries aren't written as they come, the go to a write queue, that maybe a a reason why you don't see real time data when quering it.

ruslan1979
4-Participant
(To:CarlesColl)

I had googled about queues in Thingworx and found an article at https://www.ptc.com/ja/support/article?n=CS240607&source=search.

So my symptom is data refreshes every 5-6 secs and the data goes every period in batches. 

ruslan1979
4-Participant
(To:posipova)

Privet Peridot.

I've tried running services manually. The behavior is the same. If I click run service every second so the data refreshes once per 5-6 seconds.

I tried to launch the service under different browsers. It was the same everywhere.

Top Tags